It’s that time of year again.. Yep, you got it.. Valentine’s Day. Now, I am not remotely interested in the Valentine’s thing really. I never have been but I do love eating and cooking. If there is an excuse to make something tasty and share with my loved ones then I am there. You can forget the flowers and choccies.. I’ll have Egg in a basket please.. And make it into a sandwich with Smoked Salmon and avocado. Yum…
- 4 slices of bread. (I used sourdough but any bread is fine)
- 2 free range eggs
- Handful of spinach
- 1 avocado sliced thinly
- Smoked salmon
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Take a biscuit cutter (I used a heart shaped one for Valentine's Day) and cut out a hole in the middle of one slice of bread.
- Heat a large frying pan on the job and add a glug of olive oil. When the oil is hot add your two slices of bread and begin to fry until golden. Turn the bread over and begin to fry the other side. Crack the egg into the hole and let the egg cook over a medium heat until the white is set but the yolk remains runny.
- Once the egg is cooked remove the fried bread from the pan. Place the full slice of bread on a plate. Lay over the smoked salmon, sliced avocado and spinach. Place the other piece of toast with the egg on top and serve straight away.
- 6 strawberries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 avocado
- 8 tablespoons of coconut milk ( or another milk of your choice)
- 1 heaped tablespoon of peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Strawberries to serve
- Cut the tops and and hull the strawberries and place in the blender with the banana.
- Peel the avocado and place that in the blender too along with all the other ingredients.
- Blend until smooth. Pour into two glasses and top with a sliced strawberry. Serve straight away. Delicious!
The post Valentines Day Breakfast appeared first on Tara's Busy Kitchen (and other stories).
This post first appeared on Tara's Busy Kitchen (and Other Stories) - Food, Re, please read the originial post: here