Welcome Back to Great Chow! Great Chow Presents:
Grilled Sausage Peaches and Onions topped with Balsamic Glaze. This is an amazing flavor profile for grilling. If you think Sausage peppers and onions are delicious…then THIS IS A MUST TRY! All flavors are complementary and super delicious. I feature the Instant Pot Pressure cooker to make this an under 30 min meal, BUT you do not need a pressure cooker, just grill your sausage and follow along!
The warm naturally sweet flavors from the grilled peaches work perfectly with the grilled sausage and onions. Then it’s top with Balsamic Glaze which is super savory and delicious.
Great Chow serves this many different ways;
- Plated Professionally (see the amazing full length video below; I teach you how!!!)
- Sandwich / Hero / Sub Sandwich; just like a sausage and peppers sandwich (see pic above)
- All ingredients rough chopped and served in a fancy bowl with toasted Italian bread (see pic above)
- As an appetizer or main meal. Its fun and a visually stunning dish.
CLICK TO WATCH FULL LENGTH VIDEO on YOUTUBE !!!
(Bonus at the end; Great Chows Foxy Grilled Peach Ice Cream Sundae !!! OMG !!!
Direct Link: https://youtu.be/XyT4HO2ieO8
Please Note: Balsamic glaze is different than balsamic vinegar as a salad dressing as it has been reduced into the sweet delicious glaze over heat. Then it is bottled into a delicious finishing sauce very popular in Italian eatery. You can get it in your local grocery store, Italian specialty store or you can get the one seen in this episode on Amazon; right here: https://goo.gl/6tPQiT
If you want a fantastic modern day Instant Pot Pressure Cooker as seen in this episode; here you go! Great Chow Instant Pot Link on Amazon: IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker, 6Qt/1000W only & FREE Shipping to anywhere in the world Link: http://goo.gl/uOhBM3
Recipe and Directions
• 2-3lbs (2-3 packages) of Sweet and/or Hot Italian Sausage. Great Chow like a combo!
• 5-6 cups of chicken broth (enough to cover the meat 80-90% is good enough)
• 4-5 ripe peaches
• 1 Bermuda onion
• 1 Spanish or White or Vidalia onion
• Light olive oil or canola oil (enough to get a light coating on the peaches and Onions)
• Balsamic Glaze
• Fresh Italian parsley
1. Half and pit peaches and slice into wedges, lightly coat with light olive oil or canola oil.
2. Slice Bermuda onion into small wedges. Begin to make wedge slices from the middle/top of the core to keep wedge layers together (See video).
3. Slice Spanish onion into thick slices and lightly coat with light olive oil or canola oil.
4. Chop Fresh Parsley into garnish for finishing.
1. If pressure cooking, add all sausage to the pressure cooker, add chicken broth until meat is 80-90% cover in liquid (6-7 cups). Set pressure cooker for 12 min. When time is up; quick release and remove sausage to a plate. Bring to the grill and grill sausage for 10-15min until grill marks and color are achieved and remove.
If you are not pressure cooking, grill sausage over a medium flame until sausage is cooked through out; approx. 20-30 min.
2. On a pre-headed grill, over a medium flame; add the Bermuda wedges and Spanish onion slices as well as the peach wedges.
3. Flip onions and peaches periodically until grill/char marks and tenderness is achieved. Usually grilling for 15 min does the trick. Usually the peaches reach their soft tender state first then they are to be removed to a bowl or plate. When onions are done remove to a plate.
4. Plate the sausage, peaches and onion and generously drizzle balsamic glaze over the dish and garnish with fresh parsley and…~ Enjoy!
• Delicious Sandwich – like a sausage and peppers sandwich.
• Plated professionally, make a nice arrangement (see video or pics).
• All ingredients roughly chopped topped with balsamic glaze and served with toasted Italian bread.
• As an appetizer or main dish.
I hope you enjoy this amazing dish. Not only does it look amazing but it tastes just as amazing. If you are looking for something new to try ; this is one meal not to be missed! Hopefully Great Chow has brought a new delicious grilling flavor profile to you!
Thank you !!! I will see you next time! Happy Eating !!!
~Jason (Great Chow Jay )
Click Below to Watch Great Chows “The Foxy Peach” Grilled Peach Ice Cream Sundae!
Great Chow loves to share and wants others to share Great Chow’s tasty work with the world! Food unites us all! If used on other blogs please simply provide credit to Great Chow or Great Chow Jay from greatchow.wordpress.com or the YouTube Cooking Channel “Great Chow”.
All writing and photography is copyright © 2015-2016 by Great Chow™. All rights reserved. All content of this blog is recorded with the USTPO registered and protected. Please always feel free to share this recipe, please simply link back or provide credit to this blog post for the recipe. All photographs and videos are taken solely by me and blog is written and crafted by me, if images are used please simply grant credit to Great Chow or Great Chow Jay at greatchow.wordpress.com or YouTube Cooking channel “Great Chow”.
COPYRIGHT 2016 © Great Chow
Great Chow ™ is a registered Trademark with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.