Methi Matar paratha is the paratha where the ground peas and chopped Methi Leaves are mixed with the dough and made as a roti. Use fresh methi leaves and add a pinch of Kasuri Methi for aroma. This is a healthier option since it has green leafy vegetable and also peas in it.
Matar 1 cup
Dhania – 2 Sprigs
Ginger- one inch
Green Chillies- 3to4
Methi Leaves -1 cup (Chopped finely)
Oil- 3 tbsp
Wheat Flour -2 cups
Salt- to taste
- Grind peas, coriander, Ginger, Green Chillies till they blend together.
- Soak the methi leaves in turmeric water for 5 minutes. Chop them.
- Add chopped Methi Leaves, ground peas paste, Salt,Oil and mix together. Knead well to make a dough.
- Add water slowly and in less quantity since methi leaves already have a lot of moisture.
- Now the dough is ready to make the rotis/Paratha.
- Take a small ball of the dough and roll out.
- Cook the parathas on both sides on a hot tawa. Drizzle ghee on the parathas and remove once you see the brown spots on them.
- Serve it with any gravy.
Filed under: Recipes, Tiffin Tagged: fenugreek leaves, lunch recipr, matar recipe, methi, paratha, tiffin box item
This post first appeared on Super Duper Kitchen | Niranjana's Yummy Yummy Recipes!, please read the originial post: here