Fried Daing na Bangus with Garlic Fried Rice, Fried Egg, and Pickled Papaya or simply Daing Silog is a type of meal wherein fish is paired with garlic fried rice and egg. This dish has its own category and it is usually a meal with either meat or fish served with sinangag and fried egg. Some of the popular dishes that belong to this category are tapsilog and tosilog .
Daing Silog is usually eaten for breakfast. This is considered as a heavy meal. Eating heavy meals during breakfast can provide the necessary energy that you will need for at least half of your day.
Preparing daing na banggus takes some time because the fish needs to be marinated in vinegar with spices. Get this done a day or two before so that the fish has absorbed the flavor of the marinade by the time you will cook it. Simply pan fry the fish in medium heat until the color turns golden brown. Put the fish on a plate with paper towel right after frying it. This will help absorb the excess oil.
The eggs can be cooked in any way you prefer. Although, fried eggs are what most people go for. I always want at least 2 sunny side-up eggs for my daing silog.
Any silog dish will not be complete without Sinangag. It is always best to use cold leftover rice to cook this frid rice version. I prepare the rice beforehand by placing it inside the refrigerator. Once the time comes to make the garlic fried rice, the rice is less sticky and can be easier to handle. I also make sure that the garlic are golden crispy. This makes the fried rice more enjoyable to eat.
Papaya atchara or pickled papaya is something nice to have with this meal. It serves as a side dish which can help boost your appetite. Spicy vinegar (or not spicy vinegar if you want it that way) is also recommended because the fried fish will taste better when dipped in it.
Scallions always make the dish look pretty and appetizing. Go chop some scallions (or green onions) and sprinkle it over your daing silog to give it that picture perfect appearance.
Try this Fried Daing na Bangus with Garlic Fried Rice, Fried Egg, and Pickled Papaya (Daing Silog) recipe. Enjoy!
- 3 medium daing na bangus, fried
- 3 eggs
- 5 cups garlic fried rice
- ¾ cups papaya atchara (optional)
- 3½ tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- Prepare daing na bangus according to the instructions on the recipe link above. Set aside.
- Prepare sinangag (garlic fried rice). See link above for the recipe. Set Aside
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil gets hot, fry the eggs. You can make it sunny side-up, over easy, or basted. Get more details here
- Arrange the fried daing na bangus, sinangag, and fried egg on individual plates. Serve with papaya atchara and spicy vinegar. Sprinkle some chopped scallions on top.
- Share and enjoy
The post Fried Daing na Bangus with Garlic Fried Rice, Fried Egg, and Pickled Papaya (Daing Silog) appeared first on Panlasang Pinoy.