How to make a healthy shrimp salad recipe, with lettuce and roasted veggies, in under 30 minutes (15 if you make it with fresh shrimps).
Jump to Recipe
After these holidays’ feast, I am sure we all gained a few extra layers on our ‘six-packs’, right? (I really hope I am not the only one).
And with summer around the corner (ok, more like 2-3 corners away), I am sure we are all getting into our living-healthy mode.
Around this time, everybody starts looking for healthy diets, weight-loss smoothies, and gym memberships.
The reason behind this is pretty simple. We all want to look amazing, especially during summer.
And to help you (and myself) achieve that, I will show you how to make a shrimp salad, which is healthy, tasty and incredibly easy.
This is the kind of Salad that will get you into that bikini body you dream about.
And the best part?
Salads like this make it easier to keep a diet because they are nourishing and crazy delish.
You don’t have to sacrifice taste like you would with other diet foods.
More healthy salads:
- Chicken Salad with Quinoa And Roasted Veggies
- Healthy Thai Chicken Salad
- Strawberry & Avocado Chicken Salad
Now you are probably wondering ‘but why is it so healthy’?
Well, it’s the shrimps.
These little shellfish are packed with protein and has very little calories.
According to Food Network, an ounce of shrimps (about 4 large ones) has almost the same amount of protein as chicken breast, but fewer calories and minimal fat.
And that’s not all…
It is also a good source of key nutrients, like:
- Selenium (an important antioxidant)
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin B12
- Choline, copper, and iodine
- Omega-3 fats
Source: Food Network
I guess it’s true what they say, ‘Good things come in small packages’, right?
And in this case, it comes in a very tiny one.
Now that you know why this delicious Shrimp Salad is healthy, I am going to give you a few useful tips that will help you make the best shrimp salad in the world.
- If you can, make it with fresh shrimps. This way, you won’t need to defrost them so it will take just 15 minutes to make this easy shrimp salad recipe.
- If you can’t find them fresh, don’t be afraid to use frozen. Often, this is as fresh as it gets, due to nowadays technology which is able to freeze them right after they’re caught.
- When you buy fresh shrimps they should be grey colored. This may be obvious for most of you foodies, but I’ve met a lot of people who think they should be pink. They are pink if they’ve been precooked (boiled) and those may have added sugar and salt to last longer on the shelves.
- It is very important to defrost the shrimps in cold water to prevent any bacteria spreading. Not warm, nor hot. Just cold water! They will need about 15 minutes to defrost.
- The veggies I used in this easy shrimp salad recipe can get cooked really quick. So if you want to change them make sure to use ones that will get ready in 10 minutes. (that’s how long it takes to cook the shrimps). Also, dice the butternut squash into small cubes so that it will get cooked at the same time as the rest of the veggies.
Here are some other vegetables that you might consider making shrimp salad with:
- thinly cut carrot
- bell pepper cut into sticks
I made this shrimp salad spicy by adding chili flakes, but if this is not your cup of tea, just don’t use them. It will come out just as yummy, I promise.
Also, I used a very simple, yet so delicious dressing.
It’s called Chili Lime Vinaigrette sauce and I love it because it makes the roasted veggies incredibly delicious. And because it’s so easy to make, of course.
Now that you know everything about it, tell me something. Is this the best Shrimp Salad Recipe in the world, or what?
And if not, how would you make it better? Tell me in the comments as I am always in search of inspiration.
Now it’s time to show you how to make this easy shrimp salad recipe.
And if you would like to see more yummy recipe videos, please Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
How To Make Shrimp Salad With Lettuce And Roasted Veggies
Healthy Shrimp Salad Recipe With Lettuce Roasted Veggies
You can make this easy recipe in under 30 minutes, or 15 if you make it with fresh shrimps.
- 1 cup Cherry tomatoes (cut into halves)
- 1 Red onion (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 200g/7oz. Mangetout
- 200g/7oz. Butternut squash (peeled and cut into 1 cm/0.5' cubes)
- 450g/1 pound Frozen jumbo shrimps
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
- Salt & pepper (to your taste)
- One large chopped lettuce (or romaine salad)
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds, to garnish
Ingredients For Chili Lime Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp Lime juice
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- ½ Tsp Chili powder
Start by defrosting the shrimps. Transfer them to a bowl, add enough cold water, and soak them for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 400˚F/200˚C.
Once defrosted, peel the shrimps and place them in the middle of a baking sheet. Make sure you leave some space for the veggies. Alternatively, you could use 2 medium baking trays, one for shrimps and the other for veggies.
Add lines of veggies to the baking sheet next to the shrimps. Sprinkle with seasonings (salt, pepper, smoked paprika) and drizzle some olive oil. Bake for about 10 minutes, until the shrimps turn pink and the veggies are tender-crisp. Be careful not to overcook.
In a small jar, mix all dressing ingredients. Shake well to combine.
In a large salad bowl, combine the mixed greens, roasted shrimps, veggies, and dressing together.
Toss, serve and enjoy!
The post Healthy Shrimp Salad With Lettuce And Roasted Veggies appeared first on Blondelish.
This post first appeared on Blondelish - A Delicious Fusion Of Recipes, Travel, Lifestyle And Photography, please read the originial post: here