A light, vegetable Dish Recipe Perfect for a late summer dinner.
I have to say that I just love cheese. And specially baked cheese. So I love for example Georgian cuisine where a lot of cheese pies and dishes.
To get lighter version is reasonable to add some vegetables. Like in this recipe. Zucchini does not have very special taste. It gives moisture, juiciness, structure, volume and make this pie lighter.
Zucchini and Cheese Pie. Suvikõrvitsa ja juustupirukas
A fresh, light, Vegetable Dish Recipe perfect for a late summer dinner.
- 400 g grated (hard) cheese
- 200 g grated zucchini
- 50 g melted butter
- 4 eggs
- 100 g sour cream
- 50 g flour
- pepper, caraway seeds, (salt)
- grate cheese and zucchini, melt butter
- Beat eggs and add all ingredients. Season
- Pour into a greased or baking paper lined pan (20x 30 cm)
- Bake at 200 C for 30 – 40 minutes
Recipe: Silja Luide