Estonia has not link with the Corn. We have too cold climate to grow maize.
In 1953 was Soviet Union leader Nikita Khrushchev (Hruštšov). He was an interesting type. Made efforts to turn rivers upside down and grow corn everywhere. Even in North.
So, Estonian farmers tried to grow corn, and result was, that corn crown ca 30 cm in length. Suitable only for animal fodder
In 80s year was in Estonia very popular children TV show
” Saturday Evening with Daddy”. Presenters were uncle Raivo and big fat red cat Artur.
And in this show was presented and introduced The Cat Artur Cake. This was very simple but extra sweet combination from special toffee candies and sweet corn sticks.
I am not very sure that you have both of them in your country, so I did revised version. (And this is less sweet and even better :).)
The Revised Cat Artur Cake
A retro cake from 80s
- ca 50 g popped corn
- 180 g caramel sweet boiled condensed milk (dulce de leche)
- 50 g butter
- In a thick bottom pot melt butter and add boiled condensed milk. At a very low temperature, cook ca 15 minutes, constantly stirring while mixture is thick and separates from the pot.
- Mix together popped corn and butter-caramel mixture
- Pour in to the baking paper and wrap in
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.