An easy sweet recipe using Broken Wheat.
- Broken wheat-1 cup
- Water-2 cups
- Ghee-about 4 tsp
- Sugar-3/4 cup
- Food color-a pinch (red or orange)
- Salt-a pinch
- Grated coconut-3 tbsp
- Raisins and Cashews-few
- Lemon juice-1/4 tsp
- Wash the broken wheat well and drain the water.
- In a pressure cook; add a teaspoon of ghee and add broken wheat.
- Roast for about 3 minutes until dry and crisp (without changing its color).
- Add two cups of water, food color and salt.
- Pressure cook for two whistles ion high flame.
- Allow to release the pressure by itself.
- In a non-stick pan; heat a teaspoon of ghee.
- Roast cashew and raisins.
- Add coconut grated and roast a minute.
- Add cooked broken wheat, sugar and lemon juice.
- Mix well and cook until dry.
- When it becomes dry add a teaspoon of ghee and cook again until the mixture leaves from the sides of the pan well.
- Transfer it in to a greased plate and make laddus while it is still warm. (Grease your palms with ghee; while making).