Raw papaya is one of the super food packed with amazing health benefits. Try to include them in your diet as much as possible. Here is the easy recipe of Kerala Style Raw Papaya curry for your meals.
- Raw papaya chopped-2 cup
- Tomato-1 medium
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder- 1/2 tsp
- Salt-to taste
- Grated coconut- 1/4 cup
- Fennel seeds-1/2 tsp
- Shallots-3 small
- Green chilly-1 or 2
- Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Curry leaves-2 springs
- Dry red chilly-1 or 2
- In a blender add grated coconut, shallots, fennel seeds and green chilly.
- Add little water and make a smooth puree out of it.
- Keep it aside.
- In a pressure cooker add raw papaya pieces, tomato chopped, turmeric powder, chilly powder and salt.
- Add enough water to cook (about 1 1/2 cup).
- Pressure cook for two whistles on medium flame
- Open the lid only after releases the pressure by itself.
- Add coconut puree and heat again until the curry just starts boiling. (Do not allow to boil well.)
- Season the curry by heating coconut oil in a pan; splutter mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and dry red chilly.
- Pour it on top of the curry and mix well before serving.
Checkout the video of making papaya curry to ease your cooking👇👇👇