Pakoda or fritters are lovely teatime bites. Here is an easy and quick pakoda recipe with Snake gourd(padawal). Try it out and enjoy with a cup of tea!!!
- Snake gourd-1 medium
- Chick pea flour- 3/4 cup
- Rice flour- 1/4 cup
- Salt-to taste
- Asafoetida-a pinch
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder-1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste-1 tsp
- Thinly chopped curry leaves-1 tbsp
- Oil-for deep frying
- Peel the skin of snake gourd and cut them in to thin rounds. (discard the inner seeds).
- Make the batter by combining ingredients from 2 to 9 in a large bowl.
- Add water little by little and make a smooth batter.
- Dip each snake gourd pieces in this batter and add it in to the hot oil one after one.
- Fry on medium flame until nice golden and crisp.
- Drain in to paper towels and serve soon.