Beetroot Halwa is a quick Indian dessert to please your sweet tooth. You can make this within minutes with handful ingredients. Give a try; you will start making it often.
- Thinly grated beetroot-2 cup
- Milk-1 cup
- Sugar- 1/2 cup (or less)
- Cardamom powder- 1/4 tsp
- Ghee-2 tbsp
- Fred nuts-to garnish
- Heat a tablespoon of ghee in pressure cooker.
- Add the grated beetroots and saute for 5-8 minutes until the raw smell goes off and slightly changes it's color. (saute well until raw taste goes off; unless it spoils the taste of halwa).
- Add 1 cup of milk and pressure cook on medium flame for 2 whistles.
- Open the lid after releasing the pressure.
- Open cook for another 15 minutes until dries out all the water content in it.
- When it becomes thick; add sugar and stir well.
- Cook until thickens.
- When it starts thickening add 1 tbsp of ghee and stir well until halwa leaving the sides of the pan.
- At this stage add cardamom powder; fried nuts; mix well and switch off the flame.
- Allow to cool completely and serve chilled.