Jackfruit is the largest tree Fruit in the world. This fruit helps to cure our hunger in large needs and packed with vitamins. But most of them wasted it for no reason. Most of all parts of this fruit is edible. The seeds through away after eating the fruit has numerous health benefits. We can use it for making many dishes, Also, these are roasted, powder it ,store for years and prepare lots of dishes.
Here is a tangy and spicy Kerala style Jack fruit seeds curry. Raw mango pieces are added in this curry for tangibleness you can substitute it with tamarind pulp or Cambodge if mangoes are not available. Make it for your lunch and enjoy the great curry with rice.
- Jack-fruit Seed-1 cup (seed of ripen fruits; with partially peeled skin)
- Pearl onion chopped- 1/4 cup
- Ginger chopped-1 tsp
- Chopped garlic-2 tsp
- Tomato chopped-1 large
- Chopped green chilly-2 slit
- Turmeric powder- 1/2 tsp
- Chilly powder-1 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- Coconut oil-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 tsp
- Cumin seeds-1/4 tsp
- Dry red chilly-2 nos
- Curry leaves-2 springs
- Chop the seed in to two or three length pieces.
- Pressure cook them by adding salt and 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder along with 1/2 cup of water for 2-3 whistles until cooked (not mashed).
- Allow to release its pressure.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil, add pearl onions, ginger and garlic; saute until transparent and raw smell goes off.
- Add chopped tomato pieces and saute well until mashed well.
- Add turmeric powder, chilly powder and green chilly.
- Add a cup of water and allow to boil for two minutes.
- Then add chopped mango pieces and cooked jackfruit seeds.
- Cook the curry for another 5-7 minutes until the mango pieces get cooked and curry reaches the desired thick consistency (You can adjust the amount of water by adding less or more according to the gravy you needed.).
- Switch off the flame and do seasoning on top.
- Heat a pan with coconut oil, splutter mustard seeds followed by cumin seeds.
- Add dry red chilly and curry leaves; Pour it over the curry and mix well before serving.
- Serve hot with steamed rice and enjoy!!