Aloo posto is a potato curry cooked with Poppy Seeds. It is a popular dish from West Bengal and a part of vegetarian Bengal cuisine. The potatoes are fried in mustard oil and addition of nigella seeds makes it delicious!
Watch this quick video to make Aloo Posto at home!
read the complete recipe and enjoy Aloo posto curry with some rice or roti.
- Poppy seeds /khasakhas - 3 tbsp
- Turmeric powder - ¼ tsp
- Green chilli - 4
- Kalonji /nigella seeds - 1 tsp
- Sugar - ½ tsp
- Mustard oil - 2 tbsp
- Potatoes - 4 (chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Clean poppy seeds and soak it in warm water for 2-3 hours.
- Strain the water and grind soaked poppy seeds with 1 green chilli to make a paste.
- Heat a pan and add mustard oil.
- Add kalonji and the potato cubes and stir well.
- Add turmeric powder, chopped green chillies and stir for few minutes.
- Add the poppy seeds paste and mix well.
- Allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Add salt and sugar and mix well.
- Remove from flame and serve.