This simple, healthy, and flavourful couscous with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes cooks up in under 30 minutes, so there’s no reason you can’t get this on the table tonight!
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 cup whole wheat cous cous
- 2 chicken cutlets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup basil, plus more for garnish
- Bring 1 cup of water and butter to a boil in a small sauce pan. Add couscous, stir, then cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork. Set aside until needed.
- Pat chicken cutlets dry, then season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a medium skillet or sauté pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When shimmering, add chicken and cook until evenly browned and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Remove chicken and place on a plate. When cool, cut into bite-size pieces.
- In the same skillet, add red onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until just beginning to brown, about 8-10 minutes. Add sun-dried tomatoes and cook for 1 minute more. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, combine couscous, chicken, red onion, sun-dried tomatoes, and basil. Stir to combine, then serve garnished with additional basil and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired. Serve hot or at room temperature.