Courses and Seminars include:
- Trademarks & Geographical Indications in Wine Marketing
- Introduction to the European Protection of Geographical Indications
- Seminar on the Practice of the EUIPO
- The International System of Protection for GIs and TMs applied to the Wine Sector
- Trademarks & Geographical Indications for Wines & Spirits in U.S. Law
- Trademarks & Geographical Indications for Wines & Spirits in Australia
- Special Event: Discussing Wine & Spirits Law with FIVS
The summer school program also includes visits to local Champagne landmarks and relevant legal institutions, wine tasting, sightseeing, and socializing.
Mr. Georgopoulos runs the Wine & Law Program at the University of Reims in the Champagne region of France. The Program includes the summer school session, hosted each year in English, as well as a one-year, full-time program, taught in French (DU vitivinicole et des spiritueux).
To find out more about the Program or to apply, see the official Wine & Law Program website here.
You can read more about my time at the 2011 Wine & Law Program in the article Life After Champagne: Synopsis of the 2011 Wine & Law Summer Program and 2015 Wine & Law Program at the University of Reims in Champagne, France.