RECIPES | This healthy French Baby Kale salad is a quick, balanced salad that will keep you satisfied. There is approximately 40g of protein from the chickpeas, good fats from the avocado and olives and loads of fibre from the other vegetables. It is one of my favourite work day lunches as it requires minimal effort.
Preparation Time: 8-10 minutes / Serves 2
- 400g can of chickpeas, drained
- 10 olives
- 1g mild chili powder
- 1g sancho pepper (optional)
- half a cucumber, cut in slices
- 3g pickled ginger
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 150g roasted capsicum strips
- 1 small avocado, cut into slices
- 120g french baby kale
- 30ml yuzu dressing
- Place the kale in a bowl with the yuzu dressing and sancho pepper. Mix well.
- Top the kale with the olives, chickpeas, carrots, capscium, cucumber, avocado and ginger.
- Sprinkle the chili powder on the chickpeas and serve.
Sancho pepper is an aromatic Japanese herb which can be found in most Asian supermarkets.