Bechamel - White Sauce is one of the mother sauces of French traditional cuisine
- 50 Grams (about 6 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 50 grams (3 1/2 tablespoons) flour
- 2 cups (about 480 grams) milk
1. In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat melt the butter, until foaming.
2. Add flour and cook stirring until bubbling.
3. Slowly add the milk, whisking constantly. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 10-12 minutes, until sauce comes to the boil. Add salt and nutmeg, then remove from heat.
Your sauce is ready! You can use it Pasta, fish, pasta or vegetables.