- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 finely chopped medium brown onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 2 x 380g cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 360g dried pasta
1. In a saucepan heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion and cook until it has softened.
3. Add garlic and cook until fragrant.
4. Add tomato paste and cook for 1 minute, add tomato, 1/2 cup cold water and 1 small spoon of sugar.
5. Boil it until sauce has slightly thickened.
6. Add basil, oregano, salt and pepper.
7. Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water.
8. Serve sauce tossed through pasta.