Warm and delicious Homemade Garlic Knots make the perfect appetizer or side dish to go alongside pizza or a pasta dish. The garlic knots are made with a homemade pizza dough and rolled into knots. After they have baked, they are brushed with a delicious garlic butter mixture with parsley. Then sprinkled with Grated Parmesan Cheese. These delicious knots are so easy to make and make a great appetizer.
You can either make your own homemade pizza dough, or you can also use a premade pizza dough instead to save on time. After the dough has risen the first time, divide into smaller pieces and twist each into a knot shape. Place onto a large greased baking sheet. Let rise for another 30-60 minutes before baking until lightly golden browned. The garlic butter mixture is made by combining melted butter with minced garlic, salt, garlic powder, and dried parsley. Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese on top and serve with marinara sauce.
Homemade Garlic Knots
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a small bowl, combine warm water, sugar, and yeast. Let sit for 10 minutes. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Add in yeast mixutre and olive oil, mix until a dough forms. Knead dough on a floured surface until smooth.
- Place dough into a large greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 1-2 hours, or until doubled in size. Preheat oven to 400 F. Deflate dough and divide into smaller pieces. Roll each piece into a log. Twist into a knot. Place knots onto a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise for another 30-60 minutes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. In a small bowl, combine melted butter, minced garlic, salt, garlic powder, and dried parsley. Brush warm garlic knots in the garlic mixture. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.
Freshly Homecooked is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
The post Homemade Garlic Knots appeared first on Freshly Homecooked.