Open Taco recipe is the unfolded version of taco’s. Basically, Taco is a popular Mexican dish in half moon shape, folded with onions, beans and a lot of grated cheese. This open taco recipe, is same as Indian snack, masala papad. Moreover, making this taco is effortless. This is great as a snack or main course. Above all, you can opt your fillings. Never the less, each bite of this open taco is crisp, fresh and juicy with flavours.
How to make an Open Taco recipe:
To make open tacos, first knead the soft dough with maize flour, rice flour, salt, sesame seeds, and oil. Rest the dough for 10 mins. Mean while, chop the veggies for filling. Squeeze the lemon juice in the veggies and keep them aside. Then make small balls with the dough and roll them into circle shape like small roti’s. Don’t forget to poke the roti’s with fork.
Next, fry them in the oil. And then leave them a side for a bit. Finally assemble open taco, with mayonnaise, salsa, chopped veggies with coriander on top. Serve them immediately.
Know more about open taco ingredients:
Flour: Maize flour and rice flour are the base ingredinets in the dough. Maize flour is full of fiber, antioxidants, vitamin B and omega 6 unsaturated fat. And also known as Makki ki atta. Makki Ki Roti is very popular in India. Moreover, this is very less expensive. Rice flour is gluten free and often used in breakfast and snacks. Most popular murukku, chekkalu/Nippattu.
Veggies: I used onions, zucchini, tomatoes and coriander are used in this recipe.
- Onions are full of nutrients. They are less in calories and more in vitamins and minerals. Along with that, they help to control the blood sugar. And they has cancer fighting elements, and anti bacterial properties.
- Tomatoes contain vitamin C, vitamin K, potassium and folate. Above all, they are good source of lycopene. Because of this they can reduce the risk of cancer and heart diseases.
- Zucchini improves the digestion and strengthens the bones health. In addition to that, it contains good amount of vitamins, minerals and plant compounds too.
Spread: Mayonnaise and salsa are added as spreads in this open taco recipe. They are different flavors of mayonnaise available in the market today. Or else it can easily made at home with egg or with out egg. The basic ingredient for mayonnaise are milk, oil, mustard powder, pepper powder, salt and sugar. In addition to that, it adds the creamy texture and awesome flavour. Salsa is often paired with nachos. It enhances the taste. In addition to that, tomatoes, onion and garlic are key ingredients in this salsa.
Open Taco recipe
ingredients for making the dough:
- 1/2 cup Maize flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- water accordingly
ingredients for stuffing:
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 1/2 tsp green chili adjust
- 1 tbsp chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped zucchini
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt adjust
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- oil for deep fry
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise adjust
- 1/4 cup salsa adjust
- Take a mixing bowl and add equal quantities of rice flour and maize flour. Then add salt, sesame seeds and mix them well.
- After that put oil and give it a stir. Then add water slowly and make a soft dough. Keep it a side for 10 mins.
preparation of the stuffing:
- Mean while, take the veggies like onions, tomato and zucchini. Then chop them into small pieces and keep them in separate bowls.
- Take the coriander leaves and chop them as well.
- Now take a bowl and add chopped veggies to the bowl. Then put chopped veggies in a bowl and add salt.
- Now squeeze some lemon juice and give them a stir. Keep it a side.
- Make the dough into small balls and them roll them into small roti or circle shape like tacos.
- Now take a fork and make holes on the tacos . This is crucial, so don't forget.
- Then heat the oil in the pan and fry the taco's until they change the color. Make sure to flip them while frying.
- Likely, you can fry them in small batches. But don't over crowd them while frying.
- After that, take them in a plate and let them cool down till the room temperature.
Assembling the taco's:
- Firstly, take a fired taco and spread mayonnaise on the top. After that add salsa on the top.
- Secondly, add chopped vegetable mixture on he top of spread .
- Finally, add chopped coriander leaves on the top and serve immediately. You can add grated cheese and veggies of your choice for toping.
Burrito is a famous Mexican recipe. Likely, this is same as Indian roll. In Burrito we wrap the rice and beans with onions in tortillas. we can get these tortillas from store. Moreover, this is one of best way to use the left over rice. Above all, this is the full meal by it self. Because it has rice, beans, onions and cheese. This is great as dinner as well.
- First, soak the black beans and boil them with salt. Then drain them. You can replace them with rajma/kidney beans.
- Next chop the onions, coriander and then mince the garlic. Keep them a side.
- Then take the rice in a bowl and squeeze lemon and chopped coriander leaves to the bowl and combine them well.
- Now heat the oil in the pan and add chopped onion and sauté it. After that add the minced garlic as well.
- Fry for 1 min and then add the boiled beans and spices like cumin powder, chili powder, salt.
- Along with them put hot sauce as well. Mix every thing well and cook them for 1 min and turn off the stove.
- Now heat the tortillas lightly.
- Finally, take the warm tortillas and first spoon the rice the middle and then the bean mixture.
- Add the toppings like guacamole and grated cheese if you like. Now fold the edges and roll the tortillas tightly.
- At last, cut them into half and serve immediately.
This is popular rice recipe with lot of veggies and spices. And this belongs to the Indian cuisine. This goes well with raita and curries. This is the dish in every Indian restaurant. This can be done easily in pressure cooker. Lets go to the recipe.
- To make this recipe first wash, rinse and soak the rice for 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, chop the veggies and make ginger garlic paste and keep them a side
- Then heat the oil in the pressure cooker, then add bay leaf and whole spices. fry them until they turn aromatic.
- Next goes the chopped veggies like onion, tomato, beans, carrots, potatoes and peas. Fry them for 5 mind and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Sauté it until the raw flavor is gone. then add the water and put salt in the water. Let the water boil. Check the salt.
- Now add the soaked rice to the water. After that add the chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves. Give it stir.
- Close the lid and cook for 3 whistles and turn off the stove.
- Serve it with some raita.
- Likely, you can add soya chunks and cashew nuts to this recipe if you prefer.
The post Open Taco Recipe | How To Make Open Taco appeared first on MUMMY RECIPES.