Vegetable dumpling Soup is whole meal by itself and this is a blast of flavors. Making dumpling soup sounds complicated but very easy to make. And the name itself says that it is a combo of dumplings and soup, which is delicious and filling. Furthermore, in each bite and sip, you can feel the awesomeness. Dumplings are as same as Momo’s. As you know , you can make veg , non-veg, and vegan dumplings as well.
How to make vegetable dumpling soup:
There are three steps in making in this recipe. Make the dumplings. And then prepare the soup and next step is to put dumplings in the soup . To make the dumplings knead the dough with salt, milk and oil. Now stir fry the veggies with spices and soy sauce. After that, fill the dumplings with stuffing and steam cook them. Further, make the soup with lot of veggies and add the dumplings to the soup.
Know more about ingredients:
Veggies: Including more veggies makes this recipe delicious and healthy. You can add your favourite veggies to this recipe.
1)Veggies like onions, cabbage, carrots, beans are used for the stuffing. Likewise, I added mushrooms, onions, capsicum(Bell pepper) ,carrots and chopped garlic in the soup . Don’t miss this garlic.
2)Carrots are improves eye health and cabbage improves the digestion. Similarly, mushroom are low in calories and packed with fiber, protein and anti oxidants.
Spices and sauces: Spices like pepper powder, red chilli paste and green chilis are involved in this Vegetable Dumpling Soup.
Pepper powder : Pepper powder is included in the dough, stuffing and in the soup as well. They has anti oxidants and inflammatory properties as well. As a result, it promotes gut health and natural pain reliver too.
Red Chili Paste: Chili improves the digestion and metabolism as well. This is the natural remedy for flu, fungal infections. In the same way, gives relief from joint pains and reduces the risk of type-2 diabetes.
Soy sauce: Soy sauce contributes to the color and flavor of the dish. Soy sauce is common ingredient in the soups and Chinese recipes.
ingredients for dough:
- 1.5cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt adjust
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp oil
ingredients for dumpling stuffing:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp chopped green chilis
- 2 tbsp chopped onions
- 2 tbsp chopped carrots
- 2 tbsp chopped cabbage
- 2 tbsp chopped beans
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- 1 tsp salt adjust
Ingredients for dumpling soup:
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp red chili paste
- 1 cup cubed onions, tomato, capsicum
- 1/4 cup sliced mushroom
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2.5 cup water adjust
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- 1.5 tbsp pepper powder adjust
Making dumpling dough:
- Take 1 mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients like flour, salt, sugar, pepper. Mix them well.
- Now add the oil. Then put the milk at low speed and knead a soft dough. Cover it and keep it a side.
Making the dumpling stuffing:
- First, heat the oil in the pan. Put the chopped garlic and green chili in the pan and fry them for 2 mins.
- Then add the chopped veggies like onions, carrots, beans, cabbage and mix them.
- After that saute them for 3 to 5 mins and don't cook them fully. They should be little crunchy. Next goes the soy sauce. Give it a stir.
- Then put the red chili paste, salt to the pan and combine them well. Fry them for 1 min or until raw flavor is gone. Turn off the stove and let the filling cool down.
Making the vegetable Dumpling Soup:
- Firstly, divide the dough into equal parts and make balls with the dough. Then roll the balls into circles or small chapatis.
- Secondly, after that take the spoon full of filling and place it in the middle of the chapati and then start pleating from one side to the other. Finally seal them at the center for round dumplings.
- Or else, to make over oval shape dumpling, place the stuffing across the circle and start pleating the edges from one end to the other.
- If you are new to dumplings, better to make round dumplings only. Shaping the dumplings is the fun and tricky part in this recipe.
- Thirdly, grease the plates and place the dumplings on the plate and don't overlap them in the plate.
- Finally, add water to the steamer and when the water comes to rolling boil, place the dumpling plate the dumpling plate in the steamer, close the lid and cook for 20 mins.
- Mean while , make the soup. For that heat the oil in the pan. When the oil is hot enough, put the chopped garlic in the pan. Fry them for 1 min or until they they change the color.
- Then add sesame seeds, the veggies like onions, tomatoes and bell pepper. Fry them as well. Once they are fried add the sliced mushroom and red chilli paste.
- Sauté them too. then put the soy sauce. Make sure that the veggies should be little crunchy. Next pour one cup of water.
- Let the water boil and after that add the salt and pepper powder to the soup. Once the soup is boiled slide the dumplings into the soup.
- When the dumplings boil in the soup, they can absorb the flavors from the soup also. The dumplings should be fully cover with soup while boiling.
- Finally, serve the soup hot.
Chicken Momos :
- To make the chicken Momos , boil the chicken breast or boneless chicken with salt, garlic, ginger and green chili paste.
- Then shred the chicken and Put the soy sauce and stir it well. Check the salt and add more if needed.
- Next, knead the dough with salt, oil and water. The dough should be soft.
- Further , small, equal size balls with the dough and roll them.
- At last fill them with chicken and cook them in a steamer until they are done.
- Serve them with some dip or chutney.
Veg Manchurian Recipe:
This belongs to Indo Chinese cuisine. They are two versions to this recipe. You can make make it dry or wet. Let’s go to the recipe
- Before starting the recipe, chop all the veggies into small pieces. Add veggies like carrots, beans, cabbage and onions.
- Add them to a mixing bowl and put all purpose flour, pepper powder, corn starch and salt.
- Squeeze so that veggies can release the water. So that make balls with the veggies. Sprinkle little water if needed.
2) Secondly, now heat the oil and deep fry the Manchurian balls until they turn golden brown. Make sure to fry them on medium flame.
3)Thirdly, make Manchurian gravy. To make this, heat the oil in the pan.
4) Fourthly, chopped garlic, green chilis, spring onions to the pan and fry them. After that add soy sauce, chili sauce, vinegar and tomato ketchup to the pan and stir them.
5)Now pour water and let the water boil . Then add sugar, corn starch water and cook until it thickens.
6)Finally toss the fried Manchurian balls to the gravy.
This is Guajarati cuisine snack recipe. In fact, there are two ways to make this dish. One is the instant one and the second one is the fermented . To make the instant Dhokla,
- First, add besan, turmeric and semolina to a bowl. Stir them. Then add salt, sugar, lemon juice, oil, ginger garlic paste and green chilli paste. Mix them well.
- Next, Pour water and make a thick batter. Adjust the water according to the consistency. Make sure that there is no lumps. Instead of lemon juice you can use citric acid.
- Then grease the plate and pour the batter into a plate to steam.
- Now place the plate into a steamer and close the lid and cook for 20mins.
- After that turn of the stove and let it cool down. Meanwhile prepare the tampering for Dhokla.
- For tampering, heat the oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, curry leaves, green chilis and let them splutter.
- Likewise, add salt, sugar and Hing/asafoetida to the pan and give it a stir. After that add 1cup of water and bring it to rolling boil and turn off the stove.
- Let the tampering cool down and pour it on the Dhokla and cut the Dhokla into pieces and serve.
The post Vegetable Dumpling Soup | Dumpling soup appeared first on MUMMY RECIPES.