Chicken popcorn is a crispy, juicy appetizer or starter. Chicken popcorn is made by frying the marinated coated chicken. Popcorn chicken recipe is a worldwide popular recipe. But they might be a little variation in the making. Similarly, this appetizer commonly found in fast food centers or restaurants. Everyone knows that KFC is known for its chicken popcorn.
Few might think that chicken popcorn is hard to make at home. However, this recipe definitely proves them wrong. Likely, chicken nuggets are close to chicken popcorn. Above all, chicken popcorn tastes good only when they are hot. And they are great for a party or an evening snack.
Next time try this chicken popcorn. Everyone in your family going to love this. In addition to that, you can freeze the chicken pieces after coating them. Fry them whenever you need them. Or else even you can bake them as well. In fact, baking is less work and healthier as well.
How to make Chicken Popcorn:
To make chicken popcorn, First cut the chicken breast into pieces. And then marinate the chicken with ginger garlic paste, salt, and spices. Rest it for 20 mins.
After that for coating, take a bowl of water with ice cubes. In another bowl, mix cornflour, all-purpose flour, salt, and pepper. Now take the marinated chicken and first dip in the flour mix. Then dip in the cold water. And then dip again in the flour.
Finally, heat the oil and fry the chicken on the medium flame. Flip the chicken in the middle so that they can fry evenly. Take them in the paper tissue to absorb the excess oil. Serve them hot with some dipping.
Know more about ingredients:
Chicken: Chicken is the main ingredient in this recipe. You should take the boneless chicken. Furthermore, cut the chicken equally. Thus they can fry evenly. Marinating the chicken really makes a difference in this recipe.
Chicken is a very nutritious and great source of protein. Above all, it supports weight loss and healthy bones. Correspondingly, including chicken in your diet boosts the immune system.
Coating: For chicken coating, cornflour, all-purpose flours are used. These are secret behind the crispy outer layer. Or else you can use bread crumbs or corn flakes powder as well.
For more crispy outer layer double dip the chicken in the flour. Pepper adds the spice to the outer layer. Moreover, ice water acts as a binding agent. Likewise, make sure that the chicken is fully coated.
Chicken Popcorn Recipe
Ingredients for chicken marination:
- 1/2 kg Boneless chicken
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- 1 tbsp red chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp oregano
ingredients for chicken coating:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp pepper powder
- 1 tsp salt adjust
- oil for deep fry
- To marinate the chicken, take the chicken in the mixing bowl. And add garlic paste, salt, red chili flakes, pepper powder and mix everything well.
- Then add the oregano as well. MIx them again. So that the chicken is fully covered with the spices.
- Check the salt. Add more if needed. Rest the chicken for 20 mins.
Preparation of the coating:
- Take a mixing bowl and add all purpose flour, corn flour, pepper, and salt to the bowl. Mix all of them together with a spoon. Now keep this in the work space.
- First, arrange the marinated chicken, coating flour, and a bowl of ice cubes with water near the workspace.
- Now take the marinated chicken and dip it in the coating first and then dip it in the ice cubes water. Then again dip in the flour.
- This step is very crucial. Because this really helps to coat the chicken fully with flour. Thus you get the crispy chicken.
- Repeat a similar process for the whole chicken pieces and keep them in a separate bowl.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in the medium flame. Once the oil is hot enough, drop the chicken pieces slowly in the oil.
- Fry the chicken pieces on the medium flame until they turn golden brown. Flip them occasionally while frying.
- So that they can fry evenly. Now take them in the paper tissue, to absorb the excess oil.
- Serve them hot with some dipping.
Watch Chicken Popcorn Recipe Video:
1. Chilli Chicken:
Chilli chicken is the Indian version of Chinese recipes. This is spicy, juicy, and very colorful. And this is best to be served with fried rice or noodles. To make this chili chicken
Marinating the chicken:
Chicken soup: Chicken soup is tasty, healthy, and easy to make. This is best for the common cold. And they are different ways to make chicken soup and this is one of them. Alike you can add veggies like potato, carrots, and corn according to your taste. To make the chicken soup
- First, take the pressure cooker and add boiled chicken, veggies, and spices like bay leaf, peppercorns, and cinnamon.
- Then pressure cook the chicken for 3 whistles or else chicken is cooked properly.
- Then shred the chicken from bones and keep it separately in a bowl.
- After that heat the oil in the pan and chopped ginger and garlic to the pan.
- Fry them. After that add the carrots and sweet corn and fry them for 30 sec.
- After that add the chicken broth and boil until the carrots turn tender.
- Then turn off the stove and squeeze lemon juice and add pepper to the soup.
- Serve the soup immediately.
The post Chicken Popcorn Recipe appeared first on MUMMY RECIPES.