Kalakand, is a grainy, moist, irresistible Milk dessert and it doesn’t need any introduction. Above all, this belongs to Indian cuisine. popular for special occasions and festivals. Alike, milk cake is the other name for kalakand. Milk and sugar are the main ingredients in the Kalakand. But the traditional process is very lengthy. So it requires more energy and time. However, this instant Kalakand requires only 30 mins. And you won’t find any difference in the taste as well.
Different Indian desserts made with milk like Doodh Peda, Basundi, and Rabdi. And this is one of them. This is popular globally as well. The instant kalakand has milk, Paneer, and sugar. Likely, you can replace the sugar with condensed milk too.
This sweet recipe tastes better when they serve chilled. Can be stored in the fridge for 4 to 5 days. Especially, few precautions to take while making the kalakand at home.
- Use whole milk only. low-fat paneer and low fat condensed milk doesn’t suite for this recipe.
- Primarily, you should use the thick-bottomed pan only. Or else it will burn or stick to the bottom. The pan should be wide open too, so that you can stir the milk well.
- Likely, Whole milk or full-fat milk is the best for this milky dessert. Furthermore, this whole making process should be done in medium to low flame.
- Don’t overcook recipe. It should be moist and but not runny.
How to make Kalakand Sweet:
To make kalakand, firs boil the milk on the medium flame. When it comes to a boil then add fresh cream and sugar. Let the sugar melt in the milk. After that add the paneer to the milk. Here you can use the homemade paneer or store-bought paneer. Make sure that, the paneer should be moist and without lumps.
Then mix the paneer well in the milk and then add the cardamom powder and rose water. Stir them well. Cook the mixture on the low to medium flame until it leaves the edges. Turn off the stove and transfer this into a greased tray. Then sprinkle some chopped nuts on the top and cut it into pieces. Finally, refrigerate the kalakand for 2 hrs and serve.
Know more about ingredients:
Paneer/chenna: This is one of the main ingredients in the recipe. You can use homemade paneer or store-bought paneer. But make sure that the paneer is soft and moist. Paneer is very healthy and made with milk. Paneer is the most favorite for vegetarians.
They are different dishes you can make with paneer such as paneer pulao, paneer Burji, paneer paratha. And this useful in desserts as well. To make paneer add lemon juice or vinegar to the boiling milk. Don’t forget to wash the chenna to remove the lemon flavor.
Cardamom powder and Kewra water: These two ingredients add great flavor and aroma to this recipe. if you want the best kalakand these are the must. These are easily available in the market. or else you can make the cardamom powder at home easily.
Cardamom is a spice used in many desserts like kheer, Doodh pads, Rava laddu for aroma. And this can be included in curries, pulao, and biryani’s as well.
ingredients for kalakand:
- 1 lit milk
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 cup sugar adjust
- 2 cups grated paneer
- 2 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp Kewra water
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 4 tbsp chopped dry fruits adjust
- Dry roast the nuts and chop them and keep them aside in a bowl.
- Crumble the paneer and keep it aside. Make sure that they should not be any lumps.
- Grease the plate with ghee and keep it aside.
- First, take a thick bottomed pan and pour the milk in the pan and boil the milk on the low flame.
- Once the milk came to the boil, then reduce the flame to low medium and stir the milk occasionally.
- Then add the fresh cream and sugar to the milk. After that stir the milk until the sugar melts.
- Keep on stirring more often so that milk cannot stick to the bottom.
- Then add the crumbled paneer to the pan. Stir and mix the paneer. So that it can completely combine with the milk.
- Then add the cardamom powder and mix it well in the mixture. This adds the wonderful flavor and aroma to the milk.
- After that add the kewra water to the pan and give it a stir.
- After that, milk get thickens slowly. From this stage better to keep on stirring until the mixture starts leaving the edges.
- Turn off the stove when the mixture becomes thick and looks like a mass.
- After that transfer this mixture to the greased plate and spread it evenly on the plate with a spatula.
- You can use a baking tray or a little deep plate. Because we serve the kalakand in pieces. Now sprinkle the chopped dry fruits on the top.
- Press them lightly, so that they can stick to the kalakand. Now cut the Kalakand into pieces with a spatula or knife.
- Now rest the Kalakhand to get settle for 1- 2 hrs. Finally, serve the kalakand.
Watch Kalakand Recipe Video:
Kheer recipe: Another name for kheer Indian pudding. This is the regular dessert and calls for a few basic ingredients. Every Indian knows this dessert and commonly made at homes at regular intervals. The basic ingredients are rice, milk, and sugar.
You can add some chopped nuts. But they are optional. This can be served warm or chilled. To make this recipe,
- Heat the ghee in the pan and add soaked rice to the pan. You can use normal rice or basmati rice.
- Fry them for 2 mins and then add the cardamom pods and fry again.
- Then add the milk to the rice. Cook the rice in the milk on the medium flame until the rice is cooked.
- When the rice is done then add the sugar and nuts. Cook until the sugar melts.
- Turn off the stove and serve the kheer.
Rasgulla: Rasgulla is a soft, spongy, and juice dessert. This is similar to Gulab jamoon. This white in color and the softballs are soaked in sugar syrup. Two steps in making the Rasugulla is making the channa and sugar syrup.
- First, boil the milk and add lemon juice or vinegar to curdle the milk.
- After that, filter the milk and separate the chenna with the cotton cloth. Now squeeze the chenna to remove the excess water. Hang it for 1 hr
- Meanwhile make the sugar syrup with sugar, cardamom, and water.
- The sugar syrup should come to the rolling boil before adding the Rasulullah.
- Now kneed the chenna for 3 mins to make it soft. The chenna should be soft.
- After that make smalls with chenna and add these balls to the sugar syrup.
- Now cover the lid and cook the balls in the sugar syrup on constant heat.
- Stir the syrup in between without touching the balls. After that turn off the stove and keep the lid closed.
- Now they absorb the syrup and double in size. Let them cool down and serve.
The post Kalakand Recipe | Milk Cake Recipe appeared first on MUMMY RECIPES.