Sprouts Khichdi is a healthy, one-pot recipe. Made with Sprouts, rice, and some spices. As you know, they are different versions of khichdi like moong dal khichdi, masala khichdi, and vegetable dal khichdi. And this is one of the additions to those khichdi recipes. Above all, all age groups can enjoy this recipe. Moreover, this is not only delicious but easy to digest as well.
Sprouts khichdi is simple yet, satisfying. And it is a complete meal itself. Yummy khichdi is the best solution for busy or lazy days. In addition to that, this can be done even more quickly with a pressure cooker. Likely, this is a traditional recipe of India and can be served as a Prashad for festivals. Try this recipe if you have sprouts are handy.
How to make Sprout khichdi:
To make sprouts khichdi, heat the ghee in the pan and then fry the cumin seeds, pepper, garlic, and ginger. Then add the sprouts and fry them for 2 mins. After that add the soaked rice. And stir then fry again for 1 more min. Then add salt, turmeric powder, and chili powder and mix them well. Pour the water and cook the khichdi until it becomes soft.
After that heat the oil or ghee in the pan for tampering. Then add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, red chilis, and curry leaves to the pan. Fry them and add them to the khichdi. Mix this tampering in the khichdi. Serve this with sliced onions, tomatoes, pickle, and Papad.
know more about ingredients :
Sprouts: Making sprouts is not rocket science. In winter sprouting is a little longer than hot days. Moong beans sprout rapidly than other beans. To make sprouts, first, take beans in a bowl, rinse, and clean them with water. Then pour water in the beans and cover the lid and soak for overnight. Discard the water the next day. Now tie these beans in the wet cotton cloth and keep it in the closed container for 2 days.
Sprouts can stay fresh in the fridge for 2 days. Sprouts are very nutritious. They have very few antinutrients, so the body can consume all the nutrients they have. Similarly, they are great for diabetic patients as well. Because they control the blood sugar levels. Ther are used to make chaat, salad or they can be eaten raw as well.
Ghee and spices: Ghee adds wonderful flavor to this recipe. Instead of ghee, you can use oil too. But without ghee, the recipe won’t be the same. Ghee is natural and it contains the cancer-fighting properties and anti-inflammatory properties.
Spices like cumin seeds, pepper, chili powder, and red chilis are added in this khichdi. Along with them, chopped ginger and garlic are also added. Chilis increase the metabolism and they add the spice to this dish.
Sprouts khichdi Recipe
- 3 Tbsp Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Cumin seeds
- 2 Tbsp Chopped garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chopped ginger
- 1 Cup Sprouts
- 1 Cup Soaked rice
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Salt Adjust
- Water As required
ingredients for tampering:
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Chana dal
- 5 Red chilis
- 10 Curry leaves
- First, make sprouts and keep them aside. After that soak the rice for 20 mins. Chop the onions, ginger, and garlic. Keep them in separate bowls.
- First, melt the ghee in the pan and then add pepper, and cumin seeds to the pan. After that fry them for 30 secs.
- Now add the chopped garlic and ginger. Fry them as well. Then add the sprouts to the pan.
- Now mix and stir the sprouts for 2 to 3 mins. Then add the soaked rice to the pan and mix the rice along with the sprouts.
- After that add the salt and turmeric powder. Mix them in the rice. Then pour water to cook the sprouts chaat.
- Now cover the lid and cook until the sprouts khichdi is done. Give it a stir in between and add more water if needed.
- Khichdi should be soft and properly cooked. Finally check the salt and adjust the taste. Turn off the stove.
- For tampering,heat the oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, chana dal, curry leaves, and red chilis to the pan.
- Now pour this mixture in the sprouts chaat. Finally, Serve the sprouts khichdi with chopped onions, tomatoes, chopped coriander leaves, and lemon wedges.
Watch Sprouts khichidi Recipe Video:
Similar Recipes like Sprouts Kichidi:
Jeera rice: Jeera also knows is cumin seeds. This recipe goes well with any gravy curry. This recipe calls for fewer ingredients only. To make this rice, first, heat the oil in the pan. Then add the whole spices like cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, maze, and bay leaf. FRy them for 1 min. Then add the cumin seeds and green chili.
Fry until they turn aromatic. Then add the soaked rice, stir and fry for 2 mins. This step really helps to the flavorful rice. After that add the water to the pan and cover the lid and cook. Add the chopped coriander leaves on the top and serve hot.
Veg dum biryani:
- To try this dish, first, slice the onions and fry them until they turn golden brown. They should be crispy.
- After that fry the spices and add ginger garlic paste. Saute until the raw flavor is gone.
- Then add the chopped veggies like potatoes, carrots, french beans. Add veggies of your choice.
- Then add the salt, chili powder, and garam masala and fry the veggies for 2 mins.
- After that add the yogurt to the pan and give it a stir. Then cover the lid and cook the veggies.
- The veggies should be tender. Meanwhile, cook the rice with shahi jeera and bay leaf till 70 %.
- Now take a pressure cooker or thick bottomed pan and add the layer of the vegetable mix at the bottom.
- Add rice on the top of vegetable mixture and then add sprinkle some fried onions, biryani masala, chopped mint and coriander leaves.
- Repeat the same process again. pour saffron milk on the top and the utensil with a plate and seal the edges with atta or silver foil.
- This keeps the pressure inside to cook the biryani. NOw place this on the hot Tawa and cook it on the medium flame.
- Serve the biryani hot with raita and curry.
The post Sprouts Khichdi Recipe |Healthy Khichdi appeared first on MUMMY RECIPES.