Crispy Okra fry is the crunchy appetizer recipe. Okra/Bendi is coated with flour, salt, and spices. And then deep-fried until they turn crisp. Generally, okra is slimy but this is totally the opposite of that. This is great as a starter or a side dish along with the main course. Above all, this quick, and simple traditional recipe.
Another version of fried okra is slightly different from this recipe. In that recipe, we stir fry the okra with onions and Indian spices. The secret behind this non-sticky Bendi fry is to dry the okra cubes before cooking.
How to make Crispy Okra Fry:
To make this recipe, first, clean and cut the cap and bottom of the okra. And after that cut them vertically. Or else you can cut them into small cubes as well. After taking a mixing bowl and add bean, cornflour, salt, and chili powder and mix them together.
Then add the bendi okra pieces the mixing bowl and cover them fully with the flour. Rest it for 20 mins. After that heat the oil and fry them until they turn golden brown. Make sure to fry them in batches. On the other hand, don’t overcrowd them while frying. Serve them hot.
know more about ingredients:
Bendi/okra: This is the star ingredient of this Fried okra. Choosing the Okra makes a difference, in this recipe. Better to choose fresh and baby Bendi. Because they tender, tasty, and cooked very easily.
Bendi is full of fiber and so it is good for digestion and keeps you full for long. In addition to that, this is few in calories, and low in fat. likely, it contains vitamins like Folate, vitamin c, Thiamin, and minerals like iron, calcium, and magnesium.
Coating: Coating plays a critical role in this recipe. This the reason behind the crunchy okra. Rice flours add the crispiness to the recipe. chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin, and coriander powder are added as well. Adjust them according to your taste.
Moreover, make sure that the okra pieces are fully covered with a coating. Rest the Bendi for 20 mins after coating. Rice is packed with vitamin B, iron, and manganese. Besan is less in calories and more filling than wheat flour. Corn flour is a great source of fiber and protein. Likely, red chilis increase metabolism.
Fried okra recipe
- 2 cups Bendi/okra pieces
- 1 Tbsp corn flour
- 1 Tbsp Besan
- 1 Tbsp Rice flour
- 1 Tbsp salt Adjust
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 1 Tsp Chili powder
- 1 Tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin coriander powder
- 2 Tbsp Water Adjust
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds
- Oil For deep fry
- First, cut the okra or bendi into the middle and take them in a mixing bowl. Then add all the spices to the bowl.
- After that add flours to the bendi and mix everything well with spoon or hand. Then sprinkle some water on the bendi.So that the spices can stick to the bendi.
- Check the salt and adjust the taste. Now keep it a side. Here you should adjust the water accordingly.
- Heat the oil in the pan and when the oil is hot enough drop the marinated bendi slowly in the pan.
- Make sure to drop them one by one. After that fry them on the medium flame until they turn golden brown and crisp.
- Turn the bendi in between so that they can fry evenly on both sides. Finally, take them in tissue paper, so that it can absorb the excess oil.
- Serve the okra fry as a appetiser or as a side with rasam or sambar.
Watch Crispy Okra Fry Video:
- To make this Bendi masala, first cut the Bendi and fry them.
- After that heat this oil in the pan and add chopped onions and cumin seeds to the pan. Fry them until they turn golden brown.
- Add the ginger-garlic paste and stir it until the raw flavor is gone. Then chopped tomatoes goes in to the pan.
- Stir fry them until they become soft. After that add salt, turmeric powder, chili powder, and stir well.
- Then pour the water and cook the masala. After that add Bendi pieces and cook until the desired consistency.
- To make gobi 65, first, boil the cabbage florets in the hot water for 3 mins.
- After that remove the cauliflower from the water and keep them in a separate bowl.
- Then add flour, salt, chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala to the bowl.
- Then make a batter with water. Now dip the cauliflower florets in this batter and fry them in the oil until they are cooked.
- After that heat, the oil in the pan and add chopped garlic, chili, cumin seeds, curry leaves to the pan, and fry them.
- Add the yogurt, chili powder, and mix them well. Finally, add the fried gobi to this mixture and stir them well.
- To make this onion Pakoda, firs slice the onions thin. After that take a mixing bowl and add chili powder and chopped ginger to the bowl.
- After that add onions to the same bowl and squeeze the onions.
- This helps the onions to release the water. Leaves them for 5 mins. After that add salt, flour to the bowl and mix them by adding water. Don’t add too much water.
- Next, heat the oil in the pan and make Pakodas by dropping them in the oil slowly in the hot oil.
- Use your hand or spoon to make Pakoda.
- Fry them until they turn golden brown. Flip and turn them in between while frying. Serve them with ketchup or chutney.
The post Crispy Okra Fry | Fried Okra Recipe appeared first on MUMMY RECIPES.