Preparation time: 1 hr. 10 mins
Cooking time: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon packed fresh oregano, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch-wide strips
- 12 ounces thick asparagus, cut into 1 1⁄2-inch pieces
- 2 small lemons, very thinly sliced and seeds removed
- Stir together first 6 ingredients, 5 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the salt, and 1⁄2 teaspoon of the black pepper in a medium bowl. Add chicken; toss to coat. Chill 1 hour.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (400°F to 450°F). Toss asparagus and lemon slices with remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade. Thread chicken, asparagus, and lemon slices tightly onto 8 (8-inch) skewers, folding chicken strips and lemon slices in half as needed. Sprinkle with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper. Place kebabs on lightly greased grill grate. Grill, uncovered, until asparagus is tender and chicken is charred and cooked through, 12 to 14 minutes, turning occasionally.