Rolled paneer puff recipe - How to make paneer puff using homemade puff pastry dough
Yes, you read the post title correct. With the Puff Pastry that I made at home with loadsss of butter, here comes my paneer puff pastry recipe. Paneer is cottage cheese which is kind of a staple vegetarian item at many Indian homes. Now, I gave this curry puff a very rustic look since I wanted it to be that way. You could also follow the usual way of cutting the pastry into squares and placing the filling in between. Either way tastes good. Let's get baking..
You will need:
Puff pastry dough - see here for the recipe
For the filling:
Onion - 1 cup
Tomato puree - 1 cup
Crumbled paneer or cottage cheese - 1 cup
Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 3 tbsps
Salt - as per taste.
1.Heat oil in a pan.
2. Add in onions once the oil is heated.
3. Once, onions are translucent, add crumbled paneer and saute for a minute or two.
4. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, cumin powder and salt.
5. Once the raw smell vanishes, add tomato puree and mix well.
6. Add spring onions and give a good mix. Let it cook until everything combines.
7. Let the mixture cool completely.
8. Let's roll the puff pastry dough.
9. Roll into 1/2 inch thick and dust of any excess flour.
10. Place the filling over the dough, leaving the sides.
11. Roll the dough and tuck it inside.
12. Place the roll on a baking tray gently with seam side down.
13. Brush with water or butter and make slits to cut it easily.
14. Bake at 220 degrees until golden on all sides.
15. Once it's cooled completely, cut them into bite size pieces along the slits and enjoy.
Cook like a pro, eat healthy & stay happy!!