A Recipe is a detailing of spices, Ingredients which are required to prepare and cook Food. It is a mixture of several segments as below:
- Name of the food being cooked.
- Expected time for preparation and cooking a particular dish.
- List and quantity of all ingredients required for making food.
- What all Equipment will be used in cooking a particular food item.
- Steps method or directions need to be followed for preparing food.
- Measure the quantity of a particular food item.
The useful benefits of a standardized recipe of any food item are described as below:
1. Quality of food: It is important to verify the menu items so that when food is prepared and served, quality should be consistent.
2. Predictable Ingredients: Food cannot be tasteless if the ingredients are chosen in an accurate manner.
3. Proper content of nutrients: It is beneficial to know the value of nutrients added in food while preparing and per serving.
4. Control over the cost of food: Making or cooking any food item with the exact information of ingredients, basically a recipe, helps in reducing the cost of wastage of overused ingredient.
5. Time required for cooking a particular dish: The use of recipe ensures the accurate time which is required for preparing, cooking and baking any food.
The purpose of the Recipe is practical as well theoretical because it helps the chefs to prepare any dish technically and also helps in teaching others in an artistic way with the combination of food's flavors and texture and the creation of any dish with the particular and accurate ingredients and procedures which they follow in preparing, cooking and baking any dish. A recipe plays a vital role because any ingredients which are used in any dish is basically depend on the variety, the season, the intensity of flavors, the taste, the texture, and the presentation. Some people check calories and nutrients such as fat, protein, carbohydrates, fiber, essential minerals and vitamins before selecting any recipe. There are some recipes which give us a suggestion for serving the food or other food which can be served alongside.
People choose recipes on the basis of recipes by diet, recipes by ingredients, recipes by occasion, recipes by meal or course, recipes by preparation the technique, recipes with images, recipes by expense, recipes by origin. There are basically three tools which are used for measuring ingredients in cooking :
It is very important to use measuring spoons instead of teaspoons and tablespoons that are used for eating. They help in measuring the exact amount of things like baking soda, the baking powder used in baking food and spices used in cooking food.
Dry measuring cups
The method used for measuring with dry cups is called dip and sweep. They are usually made of plastic or metal. They helps in measuring any sticky ingredients such as syrups, butter, oil and many more.
Liquid measuring cups
They are designed in such a way that is easy to use for adding any liquid ingredients to another ingredient. They are specially used in baking because it is important to add accurately ingredients while baking.
This post first appeared on Food Blog - Kitchen Of Yummy Tummy, Healthy Recipes, please read the originial post: here