Keto Chia pudding is a rich and delicious thick healthy mix of coconut milk, chia seeds, vanilla extracts, and a sugar free sweetener.
Make this one day in advance to allow for the pudding to thicken as the chia seeds swell from the liquid ingredients, then add some delicious toppings!
Keto Chia Pudding With Coconut Milk
One of my favorite low carb foods is Keto Chia Pudding. Plenty of good fats and fiber to keep us satisfied, and although healthy, it can pass as a dessert!
According to Healthline, chia seeds offer a variety of health benefits; packed with fiber, natural protein, and healthy omega-3 fats.
Most notably, the nutritional value of 1/4 cup of chia seeds are also low in calories and full of fiber!
Remember to calculate your net carbs you subtract the sugar and fiber from the carbohydrates.
Any keto snack of meal that is low in carbohydrates is always a win for me, especially when it’s super satisfying.
I have already shared a delicious blueberry Chia Pudding, but this keto version brings us back to the basics.
How to make chia pudding
Making keto chia pudding couldn’t be any easier when you follow these simple steps;
- Add liquid ingredient; milk of your choice or even water or juice! For a basic recipe I like unsweetened coconut or almond milk to keep this keto friendly.
- Mix ins; flavor with vanilla extract and sweetener or your choice. I keep mine sugar free with either liquid stevia or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (affiliate).
- Add chia seeds
- Mix well and let the ingredients gel for a minimum of 1/2 hour, but preferably overnight.
Now that you have the keto chia pudding base made, feel free to add your favorite toppings.
I added sliced strawberries and unsweetened coconut flakes to this recipe, but often switch up the toppings to what I have on hand.
You also might like to add a mix of the following:
- Nuts – sliced almonds, walnuts, pecans, sunflower seeds or macadamia nuts.
- Fresh fruit – a small amount of blueberries, blackberries or raspberries will keep this chia pudding low carb.
- Dried fruit – unsweetened coconut flakes, cranberries, kiwi or figs.
- Fresh whipped cream will turn this into a dessert!
- Extracts – try almond extract or maple flavored extract for a different delicious flavor.
- Spices – cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice or apple pie spice mix add a nice flavor.
- Sauces – some of my favorite are sugar free blueberry sauce, sugar free strawberry puree or layered with strawberry mousse.
Why is my chia pudding lumpy?
The chia seeds needs to be mixed well with the liquid as it begins to absorb the milk.
To avoid clumping make sure you whisk the ingredients several times within the first 10-15 minutes of incorporating the chia seeds with the liquids.
This will break up the lumps and allow each chia seed to swell from the milk uniformly.
How to store chia seed pudding?
Keep your prepared keto chia pudding in an air tight container like a Mason jar.
Store in one large container or divide into smaller jars for individual servings. Keep refrigerated for up to 5 days.
Add toppings just before enjoying.
More chia seed recipes
Looking for more ways to try chia seeds in your diet? check out these recipes!
Chia Seed Recipes
Looking for more ways to add chia seeds to your diet? Check out these recipes!
Keto Chia Seed Pudding
Creamy and delicious keto chia pudding made with coconut milk, sugar free sweetener and vanilla extract. Enjoy as a healthy breakfast or dessert. Add your favorite toppings.
- 2 cups coconut milk, or more as desired
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sugar free sweetener, to taste
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt, optional
- Toppings of your choice
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the coconut
milk, chia seeds, sugar free sweetener, vanilla extract and salt (optional).
- Stir with a whisk to combine.
- Allow the chia pudding mixture to sit out for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes to break up any clumped chia seeds.
- Cover the bowl or place in a large mason jar and transfer to the refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes. For best results refrigerate overnight.
- Taste and adjust the milk, as desired.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 12gNet Carbohydrates: 8gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
Please note that the nutritional information provided are guidelines and may vary based on the brand of products used. For your specific nutritional goals use My Fitness Pal or Verywell Fit recipe calculators. All content within this site is not intended as medical diagnosis or treatment and should not be considered a substitute for professional medical expertise.
PIN TO YOUR LOW CARB, KETO, SNACK AND HEALTHY FOOD BOARDS
The post Keto Chia Pudding Recipe appeared first on The Foodie Affair.