Beautiful things happen when you branch out from maple bacon…
Ingredients [ For 7 to 8 people ] [ Preparation time : 22 minute – Cooking time : 35 minutes ]
- 4 bone-in skin-on Chicken thighs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 3 large Carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4”-thick rounds
- Preheat oven to 425°. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- In a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add chicken thighs and sear 2 minutes per side, then remove chicken and transfer to a plate. (Save pan drippings.)
- Add apple cider vinegar to skillet and scrape up bottom bits from the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Add garlic, maple syrup, mustard, thyme, and lemon juice and bring to a simmer.
- Return chicken to skillet and spoon sauce over thighs.
- In a medium bowl, toss carrots with remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Nestle carrots into skillet and bake until chicken is cooked through and carrots are tender 20 minutes.
- Serve with pan sauce.