I was going to start off by saying that this was such an easy one pot meal that there was no excuse to not make it and then I realized you needed two pots…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 8 oz penne pasta GF if needed
- 8 oz spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp chili flakes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans
- 1 2.25 oz can black olives
- 1 6.5 oz jar marinated artichokes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Put 4-5 cups of water over in a medium size pot over medium heat and bring to a boil.
- Heat olive oil in a separate saucepan over medium heat to sautee spinach.
- Let spinach cook until it’s wilted.
- Chop your garlic (or just use a garlic press because you can’t be bothered to chop it like while your spinach is cooking.
- Once it’s done remove the spinach from the pan and add the garlic to cook.
- Add a little more olive oil if you need to for the garlic.
- Add chili flakes. Once garlic is cooked add in your tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and let the sauce simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Roughly chop your spinach, olives, and artichokes.
- Add in your pasta and cook about 2 minutes less than package instructions.
- The pasta will continue to cook when you add it to the tomato sauce so you don’t want it to end up too mushy.
- When your pasta is done drain the water (reserving about a cup to add to the sauce if needed add the pasta to the tomato sauce.
- Stir together and add your spinach, artichokes, beans, and olives.
- Let cook for another couple of minutes until your pasta is done and serve immediately with vegan parmesan.