Spaghetti Sauce – Weight Watchers FreeStyle Smart Points Friendly…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 15 minutes ]
- 5 pounds ground beef (I used ground round)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 whole large yellow onions, diced
- 2 whole green bell peppers, seeded And diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine (or low sodium beef broth if you prefer)
- 2 (28 ounces) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounces) can tomato paste
- 1 jar Trader Joe’s marinara sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- 4 whole bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- ¼ cup finely minced fresh parsley (or 3 tablespoons parsley flakes)
- 1 whole rind from one wedge Parmesan (optional)
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- pinch of cinnamon (optional)
- 2 pounds spaghetti, cooked al dente and tossed with olive oil
- Extra minced parsley, for serving
- Extra Parmesan cheese, for serving
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, brown the ground beef until totally browned.
- Remove meat from pot with a slotted spoon and put into a bowl. Set aside.
- Discard any grease in the pot, but do not clean the pot. Drizzle in olive oil.
- When it is heated, throw in the diced onion and diced bell pepper.
- Stir it around for 1 1/2 minutes, then add the garlic. Stir and cook for an additional minute.
- Pour in the wine and allow it to bubble up and reduce for about 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, and marinara sauce.
- Stir to combine, then add oregano, thyme, sugar, salt, bay leaves, and crushed red pepper (if using).
- Stir, then add cooked ground beef and stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the pot and allow to simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add a little water or some low-sodium broth if it needs more liquid.
The post Weight Watcher’s Spaghetti Sauce!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.