It hardly gets any easier than this recipe with just 5 ingredients! Look for a salsa verde without preservatives or added sugars – we like the Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde because it’s just tomatillos, green chiles, water, onions, jalapenos, salt, and spices. Serve over cauliflower rice or tucked into lettuce wraps…
Ingredients [ For 6 to 7 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 5h55 minutes ]
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 12-ounce jar Salsa Verde (such as Trader Joe’s)
- 1 4-ounce can fire roasted green chiles
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro, lime wedges and/or diced avocado for serving, optional
- Cauliflower rice or lettuce leaves for serving
- Place chicken in slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, green chiles, cumin, and oregano. Pour over chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW heat for 4 – 6 hours.
- Remove lid and allow the chicken to cool slightly before shredding it with 2 forks right in the slow cooker.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to serving dish, top with chopped fresh cilantro and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or in lettuce wraps.
The post Slow Cooker Chicken Chile Verde!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.