This easy one-pot paleo pumpkin chili can be made with beef or your favorite ground meat and can be ready in just 30 minutes! It’s a hearty, comforting, healthy and Whole30 compliant meal that everyone will love, even the kids…
Ingredients [ For 8 to 10 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 40 minutes ]
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1/2 lb organic ground pork or turkey, or all beef if preferred
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil to brown the meat
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2-3/4 tsp sea salt adjust to taste, plus some to sprinkle on meat
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes not drained, no salt added
- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp ancho Chili powder
- 3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp chipotle chili powder 1/2 tsp if you want more spice
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice, I used Primal Palate
- Chopped fresh cilantro for garnish if desired
Heat a large deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat and add coconut oil. Add the beef and pork, breaking up clumps to evenly brown.
Once 2/3 done, drain fat (leave a bit) and add onions and peppers.
Stir and continue to cook 2 minutes or until beef is browned and onions and pepper start to soften.
Do not drain any more fat. Add garlic, stir, and cook another minute.
Lower the heat and add the crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes, pumpkin, 1/2 tsp salt and all spices.
Stir to combine well, then raise heat to bring to a boil. Once bubbling,
lower heat to a slow simmer, cover, and allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes (and up to 45) to thicken and combine flavors.
The flavor will only get better the longer this chili simmers, which makes it great for leftovers too.
Garnish with cilantro and avocado if desired and serve. Serves 6-8. Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Slow Cook Directions
Brown the beef and cook the onions, peppers, and garlic as directed, then transfer to your slow cooker and add remaining ingredients. Cook on low for 4 hours.
The post Paleo Easy One-Pot Pumpkim Chili!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.