The low carb thang and she keep whipping up these amazing dishes for her and her family, and now I get to share them with you guys! And for those of you NOT low carb-ing, this recipe would be GREAT served atop of bed of our favorite rice pilaf…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 25 minutes ]
- 2 thick pork chops, butterflied
- 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of diced smoked sausage
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup blue cheese or gorgonzola (optional)
- leaves from one sprig of thyme or 1 tsp dried thyme
- 4 slices of bacon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Take pork chops and butterfly them, careful not to cut through (or ask your butcher to do it!) Salt and pepper them and set them to the side.
- Sautee diced the onion and smoked sausage over medium-high heat until onion is softened and slightly brown.
- Place cream cheese in a bowl, and using a slotted spoon, add the onions and sausage followed by the blue cheese/gorgonzola (optional), and thyme. Stir until combined.
- Using remaining grease in the pan, sear the outside of the pork chops, careful not to “cook” them. You want them to stay malleable, so stuffing them will be easier.
- Add 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture to each pork chop and close, securing with cooking twine or toothpicks.
- This will be messy and very imperfect. No worries, power through.
- Loosely wrap bacon slices around pork chops.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 20-25 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 155 degrees, and juices run clear.
The post Low Carb Stuffed Pork Chops!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.