A one pot crockpot meal! Tender chicken, potatoes, and broccoli! Served with the creamiest garlic sauce ever…
Ingredients [ For 5 to 6 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 6h 25 minutes ]
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Season chicken with paprika, salt, and pepper, to taste.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; drain excess fat and set chicken aside.
- Place potatoes into a 6-qt slow cooker.
- Stir in wine, chicken stock, shallots, garlic, and thyme; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Add chicken to the slow cooker in an even layer.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours, or until the chicken is completely cooked through, reaching an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Add broccoli during the last 30 minutes of cooking time.
- Remove chicken, potatoes, and broccoli from the slow cooker, cover and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, whisk together heavy cream, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Stir into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Serve chicken, potatoes, and broccoli immediately with cream sauce.