This no-churn chocolate chip cookie dough paleo & vegan ice cream is creamy and loaded with chewy cookie dough bites, yet secretly so healthy! The ice cream base is sweetened with dates and bananas and comes together quickly in a blender. The cookie dough is super simple and takes two minutes to make! It’s a healthy and addicting frozen treat that you’ll want to make again and again…
Ingredients [ For 14 to 15 people ] [ Preparation time : 1h 52 minute – Cooking time : 1h 55 minutes ]
For the Cookie Dough:
- 2 Tbsp blanched almond flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 3 Tbsp coconut sugar or maple sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil refined*, solid
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- generous pinch sea salt
- 3-4 Tbsp dark chocolate chips or homemade chocolate chunks
- stir all ingredients in a bowl until creamy refrigerate or freeze before cutting or breaking into small squares to stir into ice cream
For the ice cream:
- 1 cup Medjool dates measure packed tightly, pitted. Soften by soaking in hot water if too dry before adding
- 2 cups coconut cream chilled for at least 24 hours – either use the thick part of canned coconut milk (I recommend this brand) OR purchase cans of the cream only here
- 2 medium ripe but not overripe, bananas (not brown or green), cut into pieces and frozen for at least 2 hours ahead of time
- 2 Tbsp smooth almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the cookie dough
Using a whisk or electric hand mixer (I prefer the mixer) cream together the almond butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, vanilla, and salt, then stir in both flours until smooth.
Gently stir in the chocolate, then chill in the freezer until it firms up before cutting or breaking into small squares/chunks to stir into ice cream
For the Ice Cream
Add all ingredients (not the cookie dough) to a high-speed blender or food processor and blend on high speed until thick and creamy, scraping the sides as needed.
Once creamy, line a medium loaf pan with parchment paper (parchment is optional) and pour in all of the coconut cream mixtures. Gently drop in pieces of the chilled cookie dough, then gently fold them into the ice cream with a spoon.
Cover tightly with plastic wrap and freeze for 2 hours, then gently stir, scraping the sides a bit, re-cover, and return to the freezer until solid or at the desired consistency.
Once left in the freezer, the ice cream will harden, so it will need to sit at room temp for 10 minutes or so before scooping.
The post Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Paleo & Vegan Ice Cream!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.