This Turkey, Corn, and Black Bean chili is simply divine. I like to play around with the spices in my chili. Usually, it’s a combo of 2 tablespoons of chili powder, 1 tsp of cumin, and some cayenne pepper or crushed red pepper flakes. The addition of canned chipotle peppers in this is wonderful and I will be adding some every time I make chili now! Top this with some reduced fat cheddar cheese, sour cream or cilantro. That would be additional points, of course, one serving of this chili is only 5 points…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 55 minutes ]
Smart Points: 0
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 1 12 ounce package frozen seasoned corn and black beans, thawed
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 28 ounces can low sodium diced tomatoes (I used crushed)
- 2 chipotle chiles, canned in adobo sauce, chopped
- Heat a dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add turkey; cook 8 minutes or until browned, stirring to crumble.
- Stir in corn and black beans; cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in ¼ cup water and next 5 ingredients stirring until thick.
- ladle chili into bowls; top with cilantro and green onions if desired.
Saturated fat: 2.59