Mexican shredded chicken tacos, filled with a versatile, flavorful, and easy to prepare chicken, perfect for feeding a crowd on game day! both instructions for the slow cooker and pressure cooker included…
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 1h 55 minutes ]
Mexican Shredded Chicken
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts or tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup Ortega Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa
- 1 4 oz. can ORTEGA Fire Roasted Mild Diced Green Chiles
- 1 package (1.25 ounces) ORTEGA Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 Tbs cumin
- 1 Tbs garlic powder
- ¼ cup ORTEGA Green Taco Sauce
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 12 Ortega Good Grains Blue Corn Taco Shells or Ortega Flour Tortillas
- 1 can Ortega Black Beans
- 1 cup Mexican shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup Ortega Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- Lime wedges
Chicken Slow Cooker Instructions
- Defrost chicken
- Rub chicken breasts with oil and place in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 2-4 hours or on low for 6-7 hours or until chicken is tender enough to shred.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Shred chicken, then toss with 3/4 cup of the sauce from the crockpot.
Chicken Instant Pot Instructions
- Put oil in the bottom of the pot
- Add chicken tenders/breast meat (frozen is fine)
- Add seasonings, salsa, diced green chilies, and green taco sauce
- Put a lid on the pot, and lock it in, set the valve to seal.
- Cook on manual high for 12 minutes
- Natural pressure release 5 minutes, then quick release additional pressure
- Remove chicken from pot, and shred chicken, scoop 1 cup of the sauce out of the pot, and pour it over the chicken and toss it all together.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and limes
- Drain and rinse black beans
- Put 2 Tbs Mexican Shredded Chicken in an Ortega Flour Tortilla or Good Grains Blue Corn Taco Shells
- Add Ortega Black Beans, Ortega Thick & Chunky Mild Salsa, shredded cabbage, cilantro, and cheese.
The post Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Chicken!!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.
This post first appeared on Low Recipe, please read the originial post: here