DON’T WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND TO MAKE THIS ULTRA-CREAMY, ULTRA-COMFORTING SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CHOWDER
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 6h 55 minutes ]
- 1 1/4 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, cubed
- 1 lb. red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups corn, fresh or frozen
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth (or homemade bone broth)
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried parsley
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt + more to taste
- 3 Tbsp. potato starch to thicken, optional
- 1/2 cup Kalona Supernatural Organic Whipping Cream
- 4 strips crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- Fresh thyme and/or parsley for garnish, optional
- Place all chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, onions, garlic and corn in the slow cooker.
- Add broth, thyme, parsley, pepper, and salt. Stir well.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on LOW setting for 7-8 hours (or 4 hours on HIGH).
- Just before serving, remove the lid.
- Mix potato starch with 1/3 cup water. Stir into hot soup until thickened slightly.
- Turn off heat. Stir in cream and bacon.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and parsley, if desired.
Pin now to make later
The post Slow Cooker Chicken Corn Chowder!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.