WHEN LIFE GIVES YOU APPLES, MAKE THIS SLOW-COOKER PUMPKIN APPLESAUCE.
Ingredients [ For 4 to 5 people ] [ Preparation time : 12 minute – Cooking time : 4h 55 minutes ]
- 8 medium apples (any kind – except for green apples which are too tart)
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 3 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (Omit for Whole30)
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract (Omit for Whole30)
- 1 ½ tsp.ground cinnamon (Recommend Pure Indian Foods Cinnamon)
- 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ½ cup water
- 5 scoops Vital Protein Collagen Peptides
- Optional toppings: chopped walnuts, pecans, coconut flakes, etc.
- Peel and cube apples, place in slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients to slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to low and cook for 4-6 hours or until apples are cooked through and can easily be mashed.
- For chunkier applesauce, mash with large spoon or potato masher.
- For a smoother applesauce, transfer to a food processor (blender works too) and process until desired consistency.
- Enjoy plain or mix into your favorite yogurt.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 10 days or freeze.
Pin now to make later.
The post Slow-Cooker Pumpkin Applesauce!!!! appeared first on Low Recipe.