There are many rice cookers to choose from out in the market. Manufacturers have made innovations to rice cookers and added more features to them as time passed by. But one of the basic rice cookers you can see at shopping centers and appliance stores is the Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup Rice Cooker.
Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup Rice Cooker Product Specifications
- 6-cup cooker/steamer and warmer steams foods to perfection and keeps them warm
- Stainless steel steaming tray and removable, easy-to-clean, nonstick inner cooking pan
- See-through glass lid and automatic keep-warm function that activates immediately after food is cooked
- Durable stay-cool handles for safe handling
- Includes measuring cup, spatula, and removable cord for easy storing
- Product Dimensions: 9.3 x 9.4 x 9.4 inches ; 4.7 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 6 pounds
The Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup Rice Cooker is a basic, no fuss rice cooker. It does what it is programmed to do, cook rice. It is just a normal kind of machine with its usual steaming tray, measuring cup and spatula.
This rice cooker is pretty easy to use. Just follow the instructions on the user’s manual to the letter minus the water measurements it dictates. It says it is a six-cup cooker and I suggest you do cook six cups of rice in it.
I find that cooking lesser amounts than that produces more steam starchy rice residue on the glass lid. The glass lid gets messy because it has a steam hole it in. Because of that steam hole, I do put a little more water in with the rice as it is cooking because it is wasted as steam coming out of that hole.
The outer part of this machine is pretty easy to clean. I can’t say that for the rice bowl and the lid though. The rice bowl is nonstick, don’t get me wrong. Although the keep warm function on the Zojirushi NHS-10 Rice Cooker is useful if you are steaming vegetables or keeping other viands warm, it does lead to burnt rice in the bottom part of the bowl and cleaning out the burnt rice parts is tedious. I do soak the lid and the rice bowl after cooking rice to get it really cleaned out.
The Zojirushi NHS-10 Rice Cooker saves time in cooking rice. Compared to cooking rice on a stove, it takes time to boil the water and get rice cooked. But if you have this rice cooker, make sure that you turn it off right after the rice is cooked. The only way to get this machine turned off is to unplug it.
The keep warm function kicks in automatically after rice cooking and it stays in keep warm I guess until all the rice in the bowl is burnt and even past that. This rice cooker is a bit more expensive than other “basic” rice cookers too.
Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup Rice Cooker at a glance
- Can steam other foods and keep them warm
- Outer face of the rice cooker is easy to clean
- You have to unplug the rice cooker to completely turn it off
- Keep warm function burns rice in the bottom of the bowl
- Lid steam hole makes a mess on the kitchen counter
The Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup Rice Cooker is just a rice cooker. It can steam vegetables and has a keep warm function that you can use for other food items as an additional feature. If you don’t require anything else of a rice cooker and can unplug it right after the rice is cooked, this is the machine for you.
Read More Reviews:
- Black decker 6 cup rice cooker review
- Black decker rc436 16 cup rice cooker review
The post Zojirushi NHS-10 6-Cup Rice Cooker Review appeared first on Quickviewshop Blog.