- Sugar 500g
- Water 500g
- Fresh Thai Yam 500g
- Fried White Sesame Seeds 30g
Steps for preparation
- Peel the yam and slice into rectangular sticks of your preferred size.
- Heat a wok of oil to 160°C and deep fry the yam sticks for 5 minutes.
- In another pan, melt the sugar in the water on a medium heat. Once the sugar syrup thickens and has a consistency like honey, remove it from the stove immediately. It is critical to watch the cooking sugar syrup closely as it can easily become caramel which would not be ideal.
- Add the fried yam sticks and sesame seeds into the syrup and toss until the yam sticks are covered in a sandy white sugar coating.
- Plate and serve hot.