Who does not love Thai cuisines? It is one of the most delicious recipes one can ever taste! I am pretty sure that all of you have thought of creating their own version of Shrimp Spring Rolls with peanut sauce as an appetizer.
Fresh shrimp Spring Rolls are very tasty! Their gummy like wrapper, fresh vegetables and shrimp will surely satisfy your cravings!
The recipe will taste more delicious if you will buy raw shrimp and cook it on your own. You can also prepare your own Peanut Butter Sauce for good flavouring. So where should you begin?
Cooking is more fun if you have a clean workspace.
Prepare your working area by filling a bowl with lukewarm water. Slightly wet the surface of your chopping board to help prevent the rice paper from sticking onto it during preparation. Have all your ingredients ready and make sure that you have all the utensils and bowls needed at your workspace. Coat your serving platter with some sesame oil to help prevent the rolls from sticking to the platter.
Shrimp Spring Rolls Recipe
How to Make Shrimp Spring Rolls
IngredientsThe ingredients you would need to make Shrimp Spring Rolls
- Rice paper wrappers (your preferred size)
- 2 large carrots, sliced into matchsticks
- 2 medium red bell peppers, sliced into small strips
- 2 cucumbers, slicked into matchsticks
- Fresh basil and mint leaves
- 1 pound of freshly cooked shrimp
Now that the working area and ingredients are ready, you can start cooking!
- Soften the rice paper wrapper by dipping them into the water and swirling it until the whole surface is evenly moistened.
- Arrange the shrimp and vegetables on the wrapper, leaving at least an inch space at the edge.
- Drizzle a small amount of peanut sauce over the ingredients to add more flavours.
- After laying out the ingredients, you are now ready to wrap the rolls!
- Fold the bottom area of the rice paper until all are covered and sealed both sides of the wrapper towards the center.
- Arrange the finished rolls on a platter.
Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe
How to Make Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe
- ½ cup of creamy, unsalted peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 5 tablespoons water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
You are just a step away from serving your delicious recipe!
- To make your dipping sauce, mix the peanut butter, rice vinegar, soy sauce, lime juice, honey, water and salt.
- Make some adjustments to your seasoning to suit your taste.
- Transfer it to a small bowl and serve with the spring rolls.
The peanut butter sauce is also versatile. You can use it on salads. Enjoy cooking!
The guest recipe for Shrimp Spring Rolls and Peanut Butter Sauce is shared by Sarah Del Rosario. She is a mommy blogger, aspiring artist and Community Outreach Specialist at Bitemybun .
Thank you, Sarah to share the awesome recipes with Foodeez Junction.
Filed under: Main Courses, Recipes, Sauce, Snacks Tagged: Comfort Food, easy recipes, Food Blog, guest recipe, Non Veg Recipes, peanut butter sauce, shrimp, Shrimp Spring Rolls, Shrimp Spring Rolls with Peanut Butter Sauce, spring rolls, thai cuisine