Succeeding the rock star RBI Governor, Raghuram Rajan, is Urjit Patel who is popular for being known as the quiet technocrat. He will take charge of RBI from September 4th onwards and in the process will become the 24th governor of RBI.
Here we bring you a few facts about the next Rbi Governor of India –
- Urjit Patel is currently the Deputy Governor of RBI. He has vast experience in research into monetary policy and economic policy.
- Before being appointed as the deputy governor, Patel was an adviser at the Boston Consulting Group
- Patel graduated in BA from London School of Economics, he completed his M.Phil from Oxford University and did his Ph.D in Economics from Yale University.
- As far as his work profile is concerned, Patel has an experience over 17 years in financial, energy and infrastructure sectors. He was also the President of Business Development at Reliance Industries Limited between 1997 to 2006.
- As far as his international experience is concerned, Patel has also worked in IMF as well. He was at the IMF desk in India, U.S., Bahamas and Myanmar from 1991 to 1994.
- After he started working at the RBI from 1998 to 2001, Patel also served as a consultant to the Ministry of Finance and Department of Economic affairs.