This post contains affiliate links, which help me bring you more fun content!
This is the time of year when everyone loves to bake. From cookies to pies to breads, there isn’t a shortage of delicious things coming out of people’s kitchens. Ahhhh.
It’s the perfect time of year to make fluffy yeast rolls for family gatherings, and I stumbled upon the best little Roll recipe in the world.
Let me just say: I’m infamous for messing up rolls. Before this recipe, I messed up every batch of rolls I’ve ever made. So when I say this recipe is easy, I mean it’s actually easy! If you’ve never made bread before, this is a good introductory recipe. The rolls come together pretty quickly, so it’s a good recipe to have on hand if you want to impress unexpected company, too.
Without further ado, here’s the recipe for my easy homemade yeast rolls!
Easy Homemade Yeast Rolls Recipe
4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
¼ cup sugar
1 tablespoon of active dry yeast
1 ½ teaspoon of salt
1 ½ cup of water
4 tablespoons of unsalted butter.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
2. In a mixer, whisk together 4 cups of flour, ¼ cup of sugar, 1 tablespoon of yeast, and 1 ½ teaspoon of salt. Set this aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the 1 ½ cup of water and 4 tablespoons of butter. Microwave this mixture for one minute until it registers between 100 to 110 degrees. It needs to be within this temperature range, otherwise your yeast will die and you’ll have dense rolls. If it’s too hot, just wait for it to cool down. Stir this mixture to make sure the water and butter are incorporated.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix the dough until the ingredients are incorporated.
5. Knead the dough either by hand or with a dough hook attachment for five minutes. I prefer to do it by hand because I can tell when the dough has reached its perfect elasticity, but a machine is fine, too!
6. Place the dough in a bowl and cover it tightly with plastic wrap. Let it rest for five minutes.
7. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface. Shape it into a 9 x 9 square and cut it into 16 pieces.
8. Shape each piece into a ball. Be sure to even out their size so you don’t have uneven rolls!
9. Place the rolls in a 13 x 9 baking dish, closely together. My pan was a little too small and my rolls were a bit crowded. It’s okay to leave some space in between them so they have room to rise!
10. Lightly brush the tops of the dough with water so they don’t crack while they rise.
11. Place the rolls in the preheated oven. Turn the oven off as soon as you place the dough in there. Keep the oven door shut and let the rolls rise for 20 minutes. Placing them in an oven this way helps them rise much more quickly.
12. Once the rolls have risen, remove them from the oven.
13. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees and allow the rolls to rest while the oven heats up.
14. Place the rolls in the oven. Bake the rolls for 15 minutes until they’re golden brown.
15. Serve with salted butter while warm. Delish!
This recipe makes 16 rolls, which is far too much bread for me to eat in one sitting. To avoid food waste, I’ll freeze these rolls for later eating. I just wait for them to get to room temperature, throw them in a Ziploc, and freeze them. When we’re ready to eat rolls, I toss a few in the oven to defrost them. I can’t tell that I’m eating frozen rolls and it’s way cheaper than frozen rolls from the store!
The Bottom Line
Bread is so, so good. It’s an important part of family meals and especially important for festive occasions. Why waste more money on storebought bread when you can make your own? Even if you’re a novice baker, try out this homemade yeast roll recipe. It might turn you into a baker!
We want to know: What food staples do you like to make at home?
The post Easy Homemade Yeast Rolls Recipe appeared first on Picky Pinchers.