This article below is contributed by Linda Richardson, providing some insights into side hustles you can try to earn from new income streams in 2021 and beyond.
The Covid-19 pandemic has been an eye-opener for everyone. It has proved that a 9-5 job may not be enough to survive in this tough world. You need extra income to cover living expenses, boost emergency funds, settle credit card debt and save Money.
2021 is just a few months away. We are almost at the last leg of 2020. Let’s discuss 8 side Hustles that can help you unlock new income streams in 2021.
Join the gig economy
- Food delivery – Some websites are ready to pay you to shop for others. You can sign-up on those websites in your free time to shop for others and deliver groceries. Grab and Foodpanda are some of the popular delivery jobs you can easily start on to earn some extra dollars on the side.
- Become a freelancer – The sky’s the limit when it comes to freelance work. You can write content, do proofreading, develop websites, create images, write blog comments, edit videos, and so on. It has flexible hours and there is no shortage of money. Freelance marketplaces like Fiverr and Upwork are popular for this purpose.
- Be a Grab driver- Do you have a car that is resting in your garage for a long time? Well, in that case, you can enlist your car with Grab. You can drive people to their destinations and make money. You can do it in your free time. However, if you are scared due to the pandemic, you can hire a driver who can do the task on your behalf.
- Give tuition to students – Do you have a vast knowledge of any subject? Well, you can trade your knowledge of money. You can give tuition to students either online or offline. You can earn anywhere between $45 and $100 an hour.
Be a Creator
- Capitalize on your creations – Are you creative by nature? Can you create something that people need? If so, then you can sell your creations online. You can sell custom made jewelry, candles, face masks, teaching plans, and so on online. You can set up an online store on Etsy selling your unique creations globally.
- Help others to develop a skill – Are you good at cooking or playing a piano or baking or anything else? If so, then you can teach those skills to interested candidates online. You can create your Youtube channel and teach those skills to people. You can even create exclusive content on that subject and sell it to people online via multiple course marketplaces available.
- Become a blogger – Blogging is a great way to make money. Create a blog in a particular niche and start uploading quality content there. Once your blog becomes popular, you can make money through ads, affiliate links, or sponsored guest posts.
- Create podcasts on great topics – Upload podcasts on the topics people want to hear. You can do podcasts with a few friends. But make sure you choose good content. Promote your podcasts on various platforms. Many sponsors are ready to pay money for good podcasts. Your goal will be to grow your audience and keep them engaged, and advertisers will come looking.
So, these were 8 side hustles that can help you to be in a better financial position in 2021.
Do note that some of these side hustles may not yield income straight away, for instance blogging, and it may take a while before you see any results. You need to have the passion for some of these to bear fruit and be sustainable.
The post 8 side hustles to boost your pockets in 2021 first appeared on Side Hustle Rich.