There are many reasons why people prefer to deactivate their Facebook account. Learning how to properly deactivate your account should come in handy, especially since Facebook can have a huge influence in various aspects of your life. To give you an idea how to properly deactivate your Facebook account, follow the steps provided here;
- Log in to your Facebook Account
- Click on the drop down arrow on the upper right corner of your Facebook window.
- Select Settings from the drop down menu.
- The General Account Setting window will then open. Select Security from the left column.
- This should open the Security Settings window of Facebook. Select Deactivate Your Account option. It is the last option under the Security Settings column.
- Select the Deactivate your account link.
- In order to continue you may be required to re-enter your password. To do this, you need to key in your password on the log window which will automatically open after you click on the Deactivate your account link.
- The ‘Are you sure you want to deactivate your account?’ window will automatically follow after you key in your password.
- Scroll down to see the preset options on your Reason for leaving. Check the circle of the reason why you want to deactivate your Facebook account.
- In case you don’t find a suitable reason from the preset answers, you may check the last option instead. The last option says “Other, please explain further:”
- After you select “Other, please explain further: ”, you may use the Please explain further box to state our reason.
Additional Facebook Deactivate Options:
- The next step is to determine if you wish to continue to receive email notifications from your Facebook friends. Even if your Facebook account has been deactivated they may still invite you to join their events or participate in Facebook groups that they created. You may check the ‘Opt out of receiving future emails from Facebook’ option to stop receiving email notifications regarding these matters.
- Clicking the ‘Opt out of receiving messages on Messenger’ option means you will no longer be receiving any Facebook messages from your friends. Note that even if you choose to deactivate your Facebook account your Facebook messenger may still remain active, unless you select the ‘Opt out of receiving messages on Messenger’ option.
- Finally, click the Deactivate button.
- A new window will then pop up wanting to know if you really want to deactivate your account. Click the Deactivate Now button.
- Your Facebook account is now officially deactivated. You will then be forwarded to the Facebook login page which includes a reminder on how you can reactivate your Facebook account.
The Facebook account deactivate feature allows you to temporarily keep your information away from other people’s access. It allows you to go in and out of the Facebook social network without having to go through the hassle of permanently deleting your account. Note that aside from deactivating your account, you may also protect your Facebook information by properly utilizing Facebook’s privacy and security settings.
The post How to Deactivate Facebook Account first appeared on Insane Visions.