Kidnapper Evans In More Trouble As Lawyer Withdraws From Case – Olukoya Ogungbeje, lawyer to the celebrated millionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike popularly known as Evans has withdrawn from defending the kidnap case.
In a statement released by the lawyer, he said he is withdrawing as counsel to Evans “for personal reasons.”
“For the avoidance of doubt, we wish to state categorically that we have fought a good fight this far despite repeated and sustained threats to my life and my defence lawyers,” Mr Ogungbeje said.
“I dare say we have no regrets whatsoever having conducted the criminal charges involving our client this far.”
Evans is been prosecuted by the Nigerian Police for allegedly leading a kidnapping gang and making several millions from the operations.
He was arrested in Lagos in 2017.
- Defreeze my account, Ozekhome tells court
- Robbers storm Owerri High Court premises, rescue their mentor
- Diamond Bank Drags APC Chieftain to Court Over N212m Debt
- Alleged Murder: Danish Man to Remain In Prison As Trial Begins In October
- Metuh’s Trial: court Channels TV Manager Over Prejudicial Comments
The post Kidnapper Evans In More Trouble As Lawyer Withdraws From Case appeared first on Financial Watch.