Well it’s just starting to get hot right about now. As I’ve said before, summer is actually my least favorite style season. The reason is I really like layered looks and in the summertime it’s much too hot for much more then shorts and a short sleeved shirt. Unfortunately there are occasions where Dress clothes are called for. Here are the Fashionable Entrepreneur’s recommendations for building men’s Summer wardrobes.
Men’s Summer Shoes
Men need a couple good pairs of summer shoes. Here’s what the Fashionable Entrepreneur recommends:
- Casual sneakers: A classic pair of New Balance Sneakers will go well with summer looks.
- Driving moccasin: A driving moccasin can be worn casually with shorts or worn more dressy with chinos or even a suit.
- Black or brown dress shoe: Wear black or brown dress shoes with chinos or the suit.
Men’s Summer Bottoms
For the bottoms men need a couple pairs of shorts and lightweight chinos Here is what the Fashionable Entrepreneur recommends:
- White or very light khaki chinos: These pants should be slim fitting, flat fronted, and without cargo pockets.
- Shorts in white, khaki, black, and a couple fun colors: The shorts shouldn’t be too baggy or have pleats or cargo pockets.
- White, black, grey, and khaki dress pants: Again, the pants should be slim fitting, flat fronted, and without cargo pockets.
Men’s Summer Tops
For tops men mostly will go with t-shirts, but there are a few other styles the Fashionable Entrepreneur recommends
- Tank tops or muscle t-shirts: These are perfect for a casual party or barbeque.
- Colorful t-shirts: These are a summer staple and go to shirt.
- White, black, and fun colored plain and patterned polos: Polos can dress up a pair of shorts for dressier events or be worn to work.
Men’s Summer Dress Clothes
Like it or not, men will have at least one occasion where they will need to wear a suit in the summer. Here is what the Fashionable Entrepreneur recommends to beat the heat.
- White or khaki suit: As the weather heats up you can wear lighter suits in brighter colors.
- Colorful tie: Unless you work in a stuffy industry, summer is the time to wear your bright colorful ties.
- Cotton or linen white dress shirt: You can wear this with a suit or dress it down with shorts.
- Colorful cotton or linen dress shirt: Again, this shirt can be worn with a suit or dressed down with shorts.
Men’s Summer Accessories
Men really don’t need any special accessories for the summer, but here is what the Fashionable Entrepreneur recommends they have for the summer and beyond.
- Wallet: A quality leather wallet will always be in style and last for years.
- Manbag: This is a new item for men. Use it to store your phone, wallet, keys, and anything else you’d normally stuff in your pockets.
- Belts: Wear a leather belt for dressy occasions and a cloth belt for more casual ones.
- Hat: Hat’s are a fun accessory that you can have a few of to match all your outfits.
- Shades: Invest in a quality pair of sunglasses and they can last you for years, unless you lose them.
This seems like this list is a lot of clothes to buy, but when men search their closets they will find they already have most of these items. They just might want to add a few more colorful pieces into the mix. Men who follow these guidelines the Fashionable Entrepreneur recommends will be styling all summer! If you’re looking for a summer job or one you can work around everything else in your life, you should consider working in luxury fashion like I do. I have total time freedom and I can wear shorts and flip-flops and work on the beach if I want to. Click on the picture below to find out how I’m able to do this!